The Boutique Lifestyle Leaders Association (BLLA) presented the 12th annual awards on October 26th during the organization’s annual leadership conference held virtually. The Awards, known as the StayBoutique Awards by BLLA, recognize leaders, innovators, and icons in every corner of the boutique, lifestyle, and luxury worlds.
Founded in 2010, the StayBoutique Awards by BLLA originally served to recognize leaders of independent hotels globally and the properties themselves. However, with the advent of new technologies, the boutique sector is now open and accessible to everyone. Frances Kiradjian, Founder & CEO of BLLA stated, “We have become an inclusive community. Gone are the days when boutique simply meant intimate. Other boutique businesses are also being recognized who are tapping into the potential of the boutique lifestyle, and BLLA has led the way to distinguish the outliers. People follow BLLA to find the unique and different as well as to connect with the leaders, creators, and visionaries that build them.”
“We are grateful to the Judges for this year’s Awards as well as to all who nominated or submitted an entry,” stated Ariela Kiradjian, Partner & COO, who oversaw this year’s Awards program. “The reality is that boutique hotels have skyrocketed on a global basis as travelers’ tastes have clearly changed and BLLA has become an increasingly connected community allowing business owners to facilitate wholesome experiences to any demographic, no matter the establishment or the product. The winners of the 2021 StayBoutique Awards are reinvigorating their respective spaces with novel approaches to marketing, innovative collaborations, and embracing change.”
We at BLLA are honored to present them with this recognition!
FIRST PLACE WINNERS
- Best Boutique Hotel of 2021 Under 100 Rooms: The Grady Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky
- Best Boutique Hotel of 2021 Over 100 Rooms: Union Club Hotel in West Lafayette, Indiana
- Iconic Boutique Hotelier of 2021: Michelle Barnet, Founder and President of Staypineapple Boutique Hotels
- Emerging Boutique Hotelier of 2021: Philip Bates, Co-Founder, and CEO of TMC Hospitality
- Best Boutique Business of the Year: The Gallery at The Vendue in Charleston, South Carolina
- Best Boutique Design Project of 2021: The Grady Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky
- Best Boutique Hospitality Vendor of 2021: Yellow Goat Design
- Best Boutique Hotel of 2021 Under 100 Rooms: The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort in Solvang, California
- Best Boutique Hotel of 2021 Over 100 Rooms: The Wayfinder Hotel in Newport, Rhode Island
- Iconic Boutique Hotelier of 2021: Mitch Patel, President & CEO of Vision Hospitality Group
- Emerging Boutique Hotelier of 2021: Atit Jariwala, Founder & CEO of BRIDGETON, Walker Hotels
- Best Boutique Design Project of 2021: Kinley Cincinnati Downtown in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Best Boutique Hospitality Vendor of 2021: Lutron Electronics
A special thank you to this year’s Judges:
- Tatiana Dudyez, CEO, The H Factor
- Nile Tuzun, Chief Creative Storyteller, Nilebrand
- Brittany Connor, Account Director, PR & Digital, HawkPR
- Kemi Wells, Founder & President, Wells Luxury Travel
- Regina Connell, Founder, Collective Work
Winning an award is very valuable in the marketing of an independent boutique property, restaurant, bar, spa or anything considered boutique these days. The importance of such international awards and recognition is at the top of the list when it comes to establishing yourself as a force in your niche.
Being selected is a high honor for recognizable achievements and influence in the industry. All awards come with global recognition through BLLA’s reach into the boutique lifestyle marketplace.
About the Boutique Lifestyle Leaders Association (BLLA)
The official organization for the world's boutique lifestyle leaders promoting connection, education, and advocacy. As a pioneer in forecasting the boutique movement, the BLLA's network has grown beyond its hotel foundation to welcome more passionate entrepreneurs, businesses, and purveyors that amplify the boutique lifestyle. The corporate manifesto. BLLA is a catalyst for trends and the future of the boutique lifestyle. BLLA.org