It’s time for the second installment of the Global Hotel Review Benchmark report where we focus on Q2. We analyzed over 1,5 million reviews to take a closer look at review distribution and what it means for ratings and guest commentary.
ReviewPro recently expanded its date range from three years to four years. Given how disruptive the pandemic was for travel patterns, hoteliers are relying on 2019 as a benchmark to evaluate 2022 data. The report therefore provides comparisons to data from 2021 and 2019.
How Does Q2 2022 Compare to Q2 2019 and Q2 2021?
Some highlighted findings of the report include:
- Although review volume increased by 31.5% from Q2 2021 to Q2 2022, it’s still 33.8% lower than in Q2 2019.
- The Global Review Index ™ has fallen by a full 2.0 points compared to Q2 2019.
- Booking.com and Google generated most of the global review volume, reaching a combined 71.8%.
- Booking.com is fast becoming the dominant review source and noted a global increase of 14.1 points. However, reviews on the OTA tend to be more negative, pulling down overall review scores.
- Out of all departmental indexes, Value and Room show the biggest decrease with respectively a 2.5 and 1.8 point drop.
- Hotels are increasingly responding to reviews compared to Q2 2021, especially in the Middle East and Africa region.
Download the full Q2 report below, to find out:
- Expert insights: commentary from a range of experts and hoteliers, including TripAdvisor.
- Three-year comparison: we are comparing Q2 2022 with both Q2 2021 and Q2 2019.
- Distribution strategies for hoteliers: a focus on insights and strategies for smart distribution in 2022.
- Key findings on review volume, review ratings, star segments, review market share, management response, and more.
- Global and regional data sets on: Global Review Index metrics (GRI™), review sources market share and volume, semantic analysis and categories affecting reputation, management response and more.
About Shiji's ReviewPro
ReviewPro, a Shiji Group brand, offers over a decade of experience and investment in innovation to ensure we continue to be the benchmark of the hospitality industry. Our cloud-based Guest Experience Platform includes Hotel Reputation, Guest Surveys, Case Management, and Messaging Automation. Shiji's ReviewPro owns the industry-standard online reputation score, the Global Review Index™️ (GRI), a propriety algorithm based on review data collected from +140 OTAs and review sites in +45 languages. With over, 60,000 establishments in +150 countries, Shiji's ReviewPro offers the technology, support, and education to empower hoteliers to be better.
For more information, please visit: www.reviewpro.com.
About Shiji Group
Shiji Group is a multi-national technology company that provides software solutions and services for enterprise companies in the hospitality, food service, retail and entertainment industries, ranging from hospitality technology platform, hotel management solutions, food and beverage and retail systems, payment gateways, data management, online distribution and more. Founded in 1998 as a network solutions provider for hotels, Shiji Group today comprises over 5,000 employees in 80+ subsidiaries and brands in over 23 countries, serving more than 91,000 hotels, 200,000 restaurants and 600,000 retail outlets. For more information, visit www.shijigroup.com.
Head of Marketing at ReviewPro