Waikiki Beachcomber By Outrigger
Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger Celebrates Official Grand Opening
Now open – 498 Rooms
The entirely new street presence is replete with driftwood cedar, sea glass tiles, native puka stone and basalt lava rock - all framed by a dramatically lush multi-story green-wall; the interior complements the beach house theme with modern guest rooms, a coastal-inspired lobby, expanded pool deck, new meeting venues and more. The hip lobby-level restaurants, Maui Brewing Co. and Hawaiian Aroma Caffe, now flow seamlessly with the modern design, offering exceptional food and drink in contemporary, cool spaces.
The celebratory event, April 29 at Waikiki Beachcomber, commenced with a traditional Hawaiian blessing by Kumu Blaine Kia and Kahu Kaipo Ho. A ceremonial maile-lei untying was done by Jeff Wagoner, Outrigger Hospitality Group's president and CEO, alongside Ike Cockett, the hotel's general manager. A star-studded grand-opening bash followed with live music by Makana, the award-winning musician who created the hotel's bespoke signature sound.
Property highlights of the Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger include:
- An entirely new street presence that re-interprets this iconic address as a contemporary Hawaii beach house, replete with driftwood cedar, sea glass tiles, native puka stone and basalt lava rock - all framed by a dramatically lush multi-story green-wall
- Contemporary, Hawaii-inspired design and revamp of all 498 guest rooms
- Updated lobby and public spaces, including the corridors, elevators and hotel exterior
- Refreshed pool area with all-new furniture and an expanded infinity-style hot tub overlooking Kalakaua Avenue
- New in-room technology, including 55-inch flat-screen TVs with the ability to stream from mobile devices and use personal YouTube, Netflix and Hulu accounts
- Unique guest amenities, including custom yukata-style bathrobes in each room