The Otis Hotel, Autograph Collection
2020 News: The Otis Hotel, Autograph Collection, in Austin
Scheduled for February 2020 – 191 Rooms
- Inspiration: Austin's first Autograph Collection property, The Otis is inspired by the city's own artists, its world-renowned live music culture, and the location within the Campus District adjacent to the University of Texas. The hotel design features subtle nods to education, with school-house clocks in each room, ceruse oak paying homage to the 300 year-old Battle oaks on campus, corkboard headboards and more.
- Vinyl: each of the 191 rooms (including 29 suites) will have in-room turntables, and guests will have access to an extensive lobby vinyl collection of classic LPs. The hotel will also have a Vinyl Ambassador who will work with guests to curate a collection of vinyl in-room upon arrival, as well as provide information and direction to guests who want to explore the library throughout their stay. In addition, the hotel worked with a local art student at UT Austin to design an album cover to be used for housing the vinyl in-room. Each year, The Otis will have a student create an album cover reminiscent of The Otis and the Campus District.
- Tailgating: With its proximity to UT's campus, The Otis will be the place to stay for football games, offering a variety of exclusive Tailgate offerings and experiences for Longhorn fans - single games or season-long packages. In addition to Otopia as being the perfect pre- and post-game locale, The Otis will curate a Yeti Cooler filled with drinks and food to elevate your tailgate experience, provide transportation to the game, and include a morning-after brunch to either continue the celebrations or drown your sorrows with Bloody Mary's.
- Otopia:The only luxury rooftop pool and bar in the campus district, Otopia offers one-of-a-kind food, beverage and entertainment experiences from sun-up to sundown. Otopia will host regular weekly programming, including DJs and other special events for hotel guests. The rooftop will also have a private membership available for non-hotel guests, offering exclusive access to the pool, bar and events, as well as added benefits including priority reservations to Acre 41, free parking and more.
- Acre 41: A reference to the University of Texas' nickname, "40 Acres," Acre 41 is the first upscale restaurant in Austin's campus district. Featuring a modern steak-forward menu — highlighted by charbroiled steaks; including, 100 percent American wagyu, along with fresh fish, sushi and shareable small plates. Seating for 100, including a private dining area for groups up to 40.
- Burger Bar Campus: Walking distance from campus, Burger Bar pays homage to the legendary food trucks of Austin. Burger Bar's locally sourced brisket blend - and premium American wagyu - will be instant favorites for students, burger addicts and aficionados who love quality beef. In addition to juicy burgers, the walk-up counter concept will feature hand-spun shakes, crispy fries, craft beer, American wine and boozy milkshakes. This is Burger Bar's second Austin location, with the original location on Congress Avenue.
The Otis Hotel is part of a dual-branded property with AC Hotel Austin-University, offering 156 rooms and Bar AC, a Spanish-inspired bar and restaurant with an elevated wine program, also welcoming its first guests in February 2020.