Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® Introduces Rosewood Curators
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®, one of the world's most respected ultra-luxury hotel groups, today launches Rosewood Curators. The group has invited a highly select collection of tastemakers and high-profile personalities to share their favorite haunts and travel tips for each Rosewood destination. The Curators have not suggested typical tourist attractions but instead offer insider knowledge that allows Rosewood's sophisticated and curious guests to engage in the local culture of each destination.
In keeping with its guiding philosophy, A Sense of Place®, Rosewood established its new Curators program with the belief that today's "affluential explorer" is more interested in "the journey" than "a trip." The group believes that today luxury is defined by experiences, not by things and that delight is achieved through discovery, not display.
"We are thrilled that such a dynamic and accomplished group of luminaries from across such varied fields have shared their insider secrets with us," said Radha Arora, president of Rosewood Hotels & Resorts. "We are always striving to ensure our guests have the most memorable experiences possible and what could be better than recommendations directly from some of the world's most well-travelled and discerning people."
The Rosewood Curators program will commence with 14 inaugural Curators and will go live on the brand's new website, rosewoodhotels.com, which also launches today. Additional Curators will be added on a regular basis and select Curators will create unique experiences, affording Rosewood guests a special opportunity to meet the high profile individuals in the destinations they so highly regard.
Current Rosewood Curators include:
- James Perse, fashion designer – Los Cabos, Mexico
- Johnnie To, film director – Beijing, China
- Mei Zhang, founder of WildChina – Beijing, China
- Dr. Condoleezza Rice, former US Secretary of State – Menlo Park, California, US
- Piers Morgan, journalist and television host –London, UK
- John Bills, art director at Opera San Miguel – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Heather Nova, musician – Bermuda
- Nina Garcia, fashion journalist – New York, US
- Kim Schlegel Whitman, author – Dallas, US
- Abdulla Abdul Aziz Al Shamsi, Real Estate Entrepreneur – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Nicole Ammerman & Susan Curtis, co-owners, Santa Fe School of Cooking – Santa Fe, New Mexico, US
- Simon de Pury, auctioneer – London, UK
- Sarah McLachlan, musician – Vancouver, Canada
About Rosewood Hotels & Resorts
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts® manages 18 one-of-a-kind luxury properties in eight countries. Each Rosewood hotel embraces the brand's A Sense of Place® philosophy to reflect the individual location's history, culture, and sensibilities. The Rosewood collection includes some of the world's most legendary hotels and resorts, including The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel in New York and Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek® in Dallas, Texas, US.
Callie Shumaker Stanton