PolyU School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) + Hotel ICON Consultancy Launched
The mission of the SHTM is to engineer knowledge transfer to the hospitality industry and education institutes. Recently, SHTM successfully combined the research prowess of the School with Hotel ICON's practical experience and endeavour, launching SHTM+ICON Consultancy to offer professional hospitality related consultancy services to the industry.
Knowledge transfer includes management know-how, creative solutions, and experiences in a practical setting, and it can help organisations to maintain sustainable growth. The services offered by SHTM+ICON Consultancy include the following.
The team of SHTM+ICON consultants are experienced in and committed to providing professional and leading consultancy services to clients worldwide. Our team includes the following.
- Professor Kaye Chon, Dean and Chair Professor and Walter Kwok Foundation Professor in International Hospitality Management, SHTM
- Professor Haiyan Song, Associate Dean and Chair Professor and Mr and Mrs Chan Chak Fu Professor in International Tourism, SHTM
- Professor Brian King, Associate Dean and Professor, SHTM
- Professor Cathy Hsu, Chair Professor, SHTM
- Dr Basak Denizci Guillet, Associate Professor, SHTM
- Dr Qu Xiao, Associate Professor, SHTM
- Dr Tony Tse, Professor of Practice, SHTM
- Mr Richard Hatter, Adjunct Associate Professor, SHTM and General Manager, Hotel ICON
- Mr Ian Lee, Director of Finance and Administration, Hotel ICON
For enquiries and proposals, please contact Dr Tony Tse via (email) firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details, please visit: www.shtm.com.hk.
About PolyU's School of Hotel and Tourism Management
For close to 40 years, PolyU's School of Hotel and Tourism Management has refined a distinctive vision of hospitality and tourism education and become a world-leading hotel and tourism school. Rated No. 1 in the world in the "Hospitality and Tourism Management" category according to ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017 and 2018, placed No. 1 in the world in the "Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism" subject area by the CWUR Rankings by Subject 2017 and ranked among the top 3 "Hospitality and Leisure Management" institutions globally in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017 and 2018, the SHTM is a symbol of excellence in the field, exemplifying its motto of Leading Hospitality and Tourism.
With 75 academic staff drawing from 22 countries and regions, the School offers programmes at levels ranging from undergraduate degrees to doctoral degrees. In 2012, the SHTM was bestowed the McCool Breakthrough Award by the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education (I-CHRIE) recognising its breakthrough in the form of its teaching and research hotel - Hotel ICON - the heart of the School's innovative approach to hospitality and tourism education. A member of the UNWTO Knowledge Network, the SHTM is also the editorial home of Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism and Journal of China Tourism Research.