Hilton Reports Third Quarter Results
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. ("Hilton" or the "Company") (NYSE: HLT) today reported its third quarter 2020 results. The following results reflect the material impact that the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") pandemic has had on Hilton's business. Highlights include:
- Diluted EPS was $(0.28) for the third quarter, and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was $0.06
- Net loss was $81 million for the third quarter
- Adjusted EBITDA was $224 million for the third quarter
- System-wide comparable RevPAR decreased 59.9 percent on a currency neutral basis for the third quarter from the same period in 2019
- Approved 17,400 new rooms for development during the third quarter, bringing Hilton's development pipeline to 408,000 rooms as of September 30, 2020, representing 8 percent growth from September 30, 2019
- Opened 17,100 rooms in the third quarter, contributing to 14,800 net additional rooms in Hilton's system, representing 4.7 percent net unit growth from September 30, 2019, with full year net unit growth expected to be between 4.5 percent and 5.0 percent
- As of November 2, 2020, 97 percent of Hilton's system-wide hotels were open
Click here to view the full release.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,800 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World's Best Workplaces list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2021, in addition to opening more than one hotel a day, Hilton introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 128 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
+1 703 883 5262