Hilton Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. ("Hilton" or the "Company") (NYSE: HLT) today reported its fourth quarter and full year 2020 results. The following results reflect the material impact that the novel coronavirus ("COVID-19") pandemic has had on Hilton's business. Highlights include:
- Diluted EPS was $(0.80) for the fourth quarter and $(2.56) for the full year, and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was $(0.10) for the fourth quarter and $0.10 for the full year
- Net loss was $225 million for the fourth quarter and $720 million for the full year
- Adjusted EBITDA was $204 million for the fourth quarter and $842 million for the full year
- System-wide comparable RevPAR decreased 59.2 percent and 56.7 percent on a currency neutral basis for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively, from the same periods in 2019
- Approved 18,700 new rooms for development during the fourth quarter, bringing Hilton's development pipeline to 397,000 rooms as of December 31, 2020
- Opened 22,900 rooms in the fourth quarter, reaching the one million room milestone and contributing to 47,400 net additional rooms in Hilton's system for the full year, which represented approximately 5.1 percent net unit growth from December 31, 2019
- As of February 10, 2021, 97 percent of Hilton's system-wide hotels were open
- In December 2020, issued $1.9 billion of senior notes consisting of: (i) $800 million aggregate principal amount of 3.750% Senior Notes due 2029 and (ii) $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of 4.000% Senior Notes due 2031; and used the net proceeds to redeem: (i) $1.0 billion in aggregate principal amount of outstanding 4.250% Senior Notes due 2024 and (ii) $900 million in aggregate principal amount of outstanding 4.625% Senior Notes due 2025
- In January 2021, repaid $250 million of the outstanding debt balance under the $1.75 billion senior secured revolving credit facility
- In February 2021, issued $1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of 3.625% Senior Notes due 2032 and used the net proceeds to redeem $1.5 billion in aggregate principal amount of outstanding 5.125% Senior Notes due 2026
Click here to view the full release.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,300 properties and more than one million rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world's most hospitable company, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World's Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 110 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Phone: +1 703 883 5262