IHG® Hotels & Resorts (IHG®), one of the world's leading hotel companies, today announced a series of six virtual free-to-join webinars, designed in lieu of physical owner, investor and developer meetings and European roadshows. Kicking off on 28 April 2021 and focusing on IHG's essentials collection brands, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, the sessions will be hosted by IHG's Vice President Development Europe, Willemijn Geels, who will be joined by keynote speakers as part of the wider "Building Success in Partnership" programme.
Born out of the success of IHG Hotel & Resorts' Americas Hotel Development Symposiums 2021, "Building Success in Partnership" is designed to bring IHG's 16 hotel brands and tailored owner propositions, directly to an existing and new wider owner community.
With travel restrictions still in place, IHG's European development team came together to evolve its roadshow format by offering virtual development events to ensure owners - and potential owners - can still have the tailored, personal contact with developers and senior leaders they were accustomed to. IHG's Americas Hotel Development Symposium 2021 has proved hugely successful to date, by attracting hundreds of owner and developer attendees.
(Mrs) Willemijn Geels, Vice President Development Europe, IHG Hotels & Resorts, commented: "In an average year we are always travelling to meet our owner and development communities in face-to-face environments, be it IHG-hosted meetings, industry events or roadshows. With European travel restricted, we designed Building Success in Partnership to bridge this gap. The series of six webinars gives new and existing owners and investors the opportunity to hear more from IHG experts and leaders in a convenient way. We will cover our new-build, conversion, design and engineering trends and those deal opportunities which have the potential to perform strongly both now and in future market conditions. Above all, we will demonstrate how to maximise a clear return on investment from current and new property portfolios."
Each complementary session will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes and feature a Q&A, portfolio summary and strategic focuses for 2021 including; luxury, upscale & boutique categories, conversion model benefits to owners, essential brand resilience and value, IHG enterprise proposition and geographical scale and targeting in 2021.
Wednesday 28 April 2021 | 11h00-12h00 CET / 10h00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express
Speakers: Willemijn Geels, VP Development Europe and John Wright, Mainstream Brand Director Europe
• Insight into the Holiday Inn brand family, the world's largest and most recognised hotel brand and the trusted Global Leader in Genuine Hospitality
• It offers unparalleled brand awareness, great mainstream products for a growing market and strong RevPAR performance. Their efficient design reduces cost to build and ongoing operational expenses. Find out why the brand can truly optimise the value of your hotel and hear about the latest brand developments such as extended stay and resort projects.
Tuesday 11 May 2021 | 11H00-12h00 CET / 10H00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: voco and the power of conversions
Wednesday 9 June 2021 | 11h00-12h00 CET / 10h00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: Kimpton & Hotel Indigo
Tuesday 6 July 2021 | 11h00-12h00 CET / 10h00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: Regent, InterContinental and branded Residences
Tue 21 Sept 2021 | 11h00-12h00 CET / 10h00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: Crowne Plaza
Wed 6 October 2021 | 11h00-12h00 CET / 10H00-11h00 UK
FOCUS: Staybridge Suites
To sign up for one or more of above webinars, visit https://www.eventcreate.com/e/ihgwebinarseu
To learn more about hotel development with IHG, visit https://development.ihg.com
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world's largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.