While 2020 may have been the strangest year for travel yet, it didn’t stop new hotels around the world from continuing to pop up and open their doors to travelers.
Now that a sense of normalcy begins to return and international travel is on the horizon again, no doubt you’ll be looking for inspiration on where to head off to. Let this list of the Hottest New Hotels, according to Tripadvisor travelers, be your guide. From a gorgeous seaside paradise in Santorini to a cultural art haven in Kyoto, these newly established boltholes are what vacation dreams are made of.
But you don’t have to travel across the world to visit these stunning and chic places: three of the Hottest New Hotels for 2021 are here in the U.S.!
- #7: Emeline - Charleston, South Carolina
- #10: The Rockaway Hotel - Rockaway Park, New York
- #20: Rise Uptown – Phoenix, Arizona
This was a year of stiff competition, and the Best of the Best Awards only recognize less than the top 1% of hotels around the world, so to be recognized – especially in a year like this where travel was so altered – is a massive achievement.
10 Hottest New Hotels in the World for 2021
Arinna Cappadocia - Goreme, Turkey
- A cave hotel with views of Goreme and the iconic Cappadocia balloons, it’s no wonder this hotel has travelers buzzing.
Armenaki Santorini - Santorini, Greece
- Perched on Greece’s most mystical volcanic island and rugged Caldera cliffs, this luxury boutique hotel has breathtaking views you usually only see in movies.
Anttunina Pousada Spa - Maragogi, Brazil
- A beautiful space uniting the beauty of the sea with impeccable environmental preservation Anntunia features bungalows with a heated pool and whirlpool.
Peridot Grand Hotel & Spa by AIRA - Hanoi, Vietnam
- An oasis of tranquility in the hustle and bustle of Hanoi Old Quarter, the 5-star boutique hotel stands out as an artistic and urban-chic place, fusing natural elements, yet combining sophisticated luxury with captivating grandeur and uncompromising service.
Hotel Bidaia - San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
- The hotel is located in a unique villa in the central Gros neighborhood, designed in 1912 by the architect Lucas Alday. Upholding the history and part of life from those days, each room still uses the original materials.
Oludeniz Blu Luxury Unique Hotel - Oludeniz, Turkey
- All shades of blue are united in Blu, this is how the personalized superior service is created.
Emeline - Charleston, South Carolina, United States
- Emeline is a clever and thoughtfully designed retreat crafted for the curious traveler in mind charting their own course. Emeline’s charming rooms, each complemented with contemporary touches, provide a warm welcome after a busy day exploring all the notable points of interest that lie just outside its doors.
Mandarin Eastville Hotel - Pattaya, Thailand
- Pattaya is a touch of Thai luxury in the city. Rooms feature elegant touches of the oriental art of Zen & Classic western style, with decor designed to aid in relaxation.
Ace Hotel Kyoto - Kyoto, Japan
- Ace Hotel Kyoto lives in a part new build and part historic structure that was once home to a beloved landmark telephone company. Now in the cultural epicenter of Japan, a place revered for its abundance of art, craft and nature, Ace Hotel has an inspired Lobby with a dedicated art gallery.
The Rockaway Hotel - Rockaway Park, New York, United States
- The Rockaway Hotel is your urban beach getaway with a new view of New York City. Their unparalleled focus on high service, amenities and recreational relaxation creates an accessible respite whether you are a lifelong New Yorker or just in town for a visit.
The 2021 Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Awards for Hotels celebrate the most highly rated hotels in the world, based on the millions of reviews and opinions collected from travelers globally in 2020. The awards take into account the quality and quantity of traveler reviews and ratings.
The Hottest New Hotels were determined with an algorithm analyzing non-large chain hotels that opened July 1, 2019 or later and have received a high volume of positive reviews and ratings.
To see all Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Hotel winners for 2021, across all subcategories, visit: tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels.
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel guidance platform*, helps hundreds of millions of people each month** become better travelers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to discover where to stay, what to do and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With more than 1 billion reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places nearby. As a travel guidance company available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy no matter the trip type.
The subsidiaries of Tripadvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRIP), own and operate a portfolio of travel media brands and businesses, operating under various websites and apps, including the following websites:
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com, www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com, and www.viator.com.
* Source: SimilarWeb, unique users de-duplicated monthly, March 2022
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files