United Airlines Inc. (United Airlines) has entered into an agreement with Boom Supersonic to buy its first supersonic commercial jet ‘Overture’. United Airlines is the first American airline company to go for commercial supersonic jet, which will be based on sustainable air-fuel and will be operational by 2029. Against this backdrop, the company witnessed more than 200% jump in influencer conversations in Twitter during the first week of June 2021 over the previous week, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
Smitarani Tripathy, Influencer Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “The influencers’ sentiments were largely positive on United Airlines’s decision to buy supersonic aircraft. Influencers see this as a significant step of the company towards achieving zero-carbon emissions, along with cutting the flight times to half.”
Below are a few most popular Influencer tweets captured by GlobalData’s Company Influencer Platform:
1. Atul Butte, Chief Data Scientist at University of California Health System
“Whoa! @United plans to bring net-zero carbon supersonic travel to United passengers in 2029 via @BoomAero ! https://buff.ly/3ib5BDv”
2. Talia Goldberg, Partner at Bessemer Venture Partners
“When entrepreneurs have the ambition and vision to make the impossible, possible. 2x faster + net carbon neutral. Supersonic flights.
This is the stuff that VC dreams are made of!
3. Tim Crawford, CIO Strategic Advisor at AVOA
“Whoa! United Airlines orders 15 supersonic jets to cut travel time in half — some day https://avoa.co/3uQfRU6 @united”
4. John Nosta, President at NostaLab
“I've never been so excited to be Global Services! United Airlines agrees to purchase 15 Boom supersonic airliners https://tcrn.ch/3w0cnQF via
@techcrunch @United #GlobalServices #travel”
Notes to Editors
- Quotes are provided by Smitarani Tripathy, Influencer Analyst at GlobalData
- Information is based on GlobalData’s United Airlines Inc, Company Influencer Platform, which track most relevant activity of the industry influencers on Twitter
- This press release was written using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis conducted by GlobalData’s team of industry experts
About GlobalData’s Influencer Platform
The Influencer Platform is a part of GlobalData’s Disruptor Database that decodes emerging tech-enabled opportunities with must-have information on promising start-ups, technology led innovations, latest sector trends, consumer insights, and venture capital portfolio investments. It helps monitor competitor strategies, predict emerging trends, monetize disruptive innovation, decode smart money, mine thought leadership, and capture digital consumers.
4,000 of the world's largest companies, including over 70% of FTSE 100 and 60% of Fortune 100 companies, make more timely and better business decisions thanks to GlobalData's unique data, expert analysis and innovative solutions, all in one platform. GlobalData's mission is to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative across a range of industries, including the healthcare, consumer, retail, financial, technology and professional services sectors.