Preferred Hotels & Resorts Welcomes 11 New Member Hotels
Independent hotel brand expands its portfolio of luxury experiences around the globe
New York, New York – Preferred Hotels & Resorts – the world’s largest independent hotel brand – is pleased to welcome 11 new member hotels to its global portfolio from February 1 through May 31, 2021. Each of these new member hotels, resorts, and residences, ranging from a refurbished chic retreat in New York to an ultra-luxe Swiss chalet, will provide couples, families, and solo travelers with authentic experiences and the opportunity to relax, rejuvenate, and reconnect with themselves, local culture, and nature on much-anticipated staycations and first trips abroad in over a year.
Highlights of the new additions include:
- ModernHaus SoHo – (New York, United States) – Soho’s newest urban luxury hotel opened its doors in May 2021 following a multimillion dollar makeover that includes chic interiors inspired by the Bauhaus art movement. The luxury property features 114 rooms and suites with stunning views of lower Manhattan, an extensive contemporary art collection with pieces from some of the world’s foremost names, and signature restaurant Veranda from Michelin-starred chef George Mendes, which features a retractable glass roof for al fresco dining. Additional amenities include all-day eatery and bar lounge Jumpin Jacks, iconic rooftop bar Jimmy, a rooftop pool deck, and various indoor and outdoor event spaces.
- The Fives Oceanfront Puerto Morelos (Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico) – Nestled on a white sand beach in a local fishing village, 24 miles south of Cancun, the laidback retreat opened its doors in July 2020. The property features 93 spacious residential style suites with one, two, and three-bedrooms, some with private pools and ocean views. The hotel boasts a spa, infinity pools, lush gardens, and a range of restaurants and bars, including the RoMarley Beach House – a buzzy beach club founded by Rohan Marley, son of legendary musician Bob Marley. Guests can unwind in private cabanas and enjoy refreshing cocktails, local cuisine, and regular events such as Catch of the Day and Reggae Sundays.
- Haycock Manor (Wansford, United Kingdom) – Opening its doors on June 22after careful restorations to the 16th century listed building, the boutique hideaway features 49 rooms with exposed beams, Elizabethan fireplaces, and four poster beds. The hotel’s dining offerings include Prévost Restaurant, housed in an Orangery style building with glass atrium overlooking the kitchen gardens, and Haycock Kitchen, which extends a large terrace area and serves relaxed brasserie-style dishes. Guests can enjoy a host of wellness activities including yoga, electric biking, canoeing, and paddle boarding on the adjacent River Nene. A cooking class and a farm shop are set to launch in August, and in early 2022 the hotel will open a luxury spa and riverside glamping.
- La Esperanza Granada (Andalucia, Spain) – Newly opened in May 2021, the enchanting countryside estate is set amongst 12 acres of gardens with ancient orchards, and Alhambra inspired courtyards, on a hilltop just 30 minutes from Granada. Blending Andalusian style with the elegance of a stately hacienda, the retreat features eight guest suites furnished with authentic art and antiques. The property can also be hired in its entirety for intimate weddings or as the ultimate private escape for family and friends. The tranquil gardens include a pool, infinity jacuzzi, yoga pavilion, and a heliport, and guests can take advantage of a range of on-property activities including paella masterclasses, mixology sessions, flamenco lessons, and personalized wellness treatments.
- Ultima Gstaad (Gstaad, Switzerland) – Set high up on the slopes in the heart of picturesque Gstaad, the ultra-luxe resort blends contemporary elegance with traditional Swiss architecture. The chalet is comprised of 11 individually styled suites complete with a balcony or terrace offering mountain views, and an additional six adjacent apartments ranging from two to four bedrooms with cozy living spaces and sophisticated kitchens. Guests can take advantage of the state-of-the-art spa with four treatment rooms, hammam, Finnish sauna, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi, swimming pool, gym, and juice bar. Additional highlights include a restaurant and bar serving Mediterranean-influenced Swiss cuisine, and a cinema room.
Other member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts since February 1, 2021, include:
- Pendry Chicago (Illinois, United States): Set in an iconic Art Deco landmark famed for its Champagne bottle design, the new hotel boasts 364 guest rooms and suites, signature restaurant and bar, rooftop pool deck with city views, curated wellness programming, and art collection.
- Ultima Corfu (Corfu, Greece) – Nestled on a hillside with views of the Corfu coastline, the villa can comfortably host 12 guests with six suites, two infinity pools that are adjoined by a waterfall, state-of-the-art gym, spa, outdoor Jacuzzi, hammam, and access to helicopter transfers and a yacht.
- Hotel Villa Barbarich Venice Mestre (Venice, Italy): Located in the heart of Mestre, the 16th century boutique hotel features 31 elegant rooms, an idyllic garden with a patio, a pool and Jacuzzi, and Malipiero restaurant offering authentic regional cuisine crafted with locally produced ingredients.
- Artiem Madrid (Madrid, Spain): An urban green hotel located in the heart of Madrid, the hotel is comprised of 83 rooms, an expansive fitness center, and The Green - a warm and welcoming space open 24-hours a day offering breakfast and complimentary “grab & go” snacks and drinks.
- Parkhotel Quellenhof Aachen (Aachen, Germany): Set in the heart of Aachen, the Grand Dame hotel is housed in a historical neoclassical-inspired building and boasts 144 stylish rooms, an array of event spaces, a French-brassiere style restaurant, and a unique heritage spa.
- THE Park Kolkata (Kolkata, India): An urban contemporary hotel in a prime downtown location, the property is comprised of 149 rooms, seven F&B outlets including restaurants, bars, and cafes, and a spa with fitness center, meditation rooms, sauna, steam rooms, and whirlpools.
Each of these new member hotels participate in I Prefer Hotel Rewards , the brand’s points-based loyalty program with more than 3.8 million travelers currently enrolled globally.Complimentary to join, I Prefer members earn points redeemable for cash-value Reward Certificates, Elite status, and other special benefits upon eligible stays at more than 650 participating hotels and resorts worldwide. Travelers seeking memorable independent hotel experiences are invited to enroll in the program at www.IPrefer.com/enroll.
For leisure stays at any of the new member hotels, travelers are invited to book via the Preferred brand website. Travel advisors and agents can book client stays via GDS using the “PH” and “PV” chain codes. For hotel owners and operators exploring options to stay or become independent, visit www.PreferredHotels.com/Freedom.
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world"s largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 80 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high-quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, visit PreferredHotels.com.
Phone: +1 929 841 5240