Montage International is taking guest experiences to the next level through a new partnership with Adventure IO, a proprietary mobile platform offering exclusive adventure experiences led by professional athletes and local experts. Montage and Pendry Excursions with Adventure IO opens the door for guests to experience one-of-a-kind, locally inspired
day trips and outdoor pursuits – from taking flight above water on an electric hydrofoil, learning to navigate the waves of the Pacific Ocean with one of the world’s best skimboarders and surfers, to backcountry snowmobiling, heli-skiing, off-roading and fly fishing, with notable ambassadors and experts in their respective fields.
Adventure IO programming is now available at Montage Deer Valley, Montage Laguna Beach, and Pendry San Diego. Additional Montage and Pendry destinations across the U.S. and Mexico will roll out their Adventure IO offerings throughout 2021 and 2022.
“Our partnership with Adventure IO presents our guests with exceptional opportunities to enjoy the natural and urban settings surrounding our properties, while fulfilling personal passions for adventure led by professional athletes and guides,” said Jason Herthel, President and Chief Operating Officer, Montage International. “These expertly-curated excursions and activities will provide our Montage and Pendry guests with unforgettable experiences and long-lasting memories, a goal we are always aiming to achieve across our portfolio.”
Montage Deer Valley Excursions with Adventure IO:
- Fly Fishing and Vino– Known for world-famous blue-ribbon fly fishing along the Provo, Green and Weber Rivers, Utah is a sportsman’s paradise. Spend an afternoon fishing these world-class rivers and streams with the help of your expert guide, Joe Mitchell, creator and cofounder of the 820-mile-long Hayduke Trail and author and recipient of the Antiquities Award for Outstanding Archaeological Research and Preservation from the Utah State Historical Society. On this 5-hour excursion, Joe will share the art of fly-fishing, from fly-tying to casting techniques, spotting fish and more.
- Off Road in the Uintas – Explore the open terrain of the Uinta Mountains from behind the wheel of a Can Am Maverick Off-road Adventure vehicle. Guide D.J. Osborne, a professional snowmobile and motorcycle rider, leads groups through some of the most exciting trails and terrain, complete with stops to admire breathtaking views of serene ponds, wonderous cliffs and vast mountain peaks.
- Beyond Boundaries Heli-Skiing – This exclusive, private heli-ski excursion is the ultimate experience for intermediate to advanced skiers and thrill seekers alike. Led by professional freeskier Mitchell Brower, and in partnership with the world famous Powderbirds Helicopter Skiing experts of Utah, this excursion grants access to an area of backcountry terrain larger than all of Utah’s ski resorts combined.
- Backcountry Snowmobiling – With access to nearly one million acres of wide-open terrain, backcountry snowmobiling is a true bucket list opportunity for outdoor enthusiasts and adrenaline thrill seekers alike. Guests will join guide D.J. Osborne a professional snowmobile and motorcycle rider, on one of the latest and greatest “sleds” from Polaris Powersports to explore some of the most exciting trails and terrain, with each route custom curated based on skill level and daily conditions.
- Master Naturalist Hiking and Snowshoeing – Explore the natural world surrounding Montage Deer Valley with Rachel Mitchell, Utah Master Naturalist, avid hiker and owner of FlyFishing Consultants.
Montage Laguna Beach Excursions with Adventure IO:
- Electric Hydrofoil – Learn to fly above water on the new electric hydrofoil with your professional instructor, accomplished surfer and member of the United States ISA World Team, Chuck Glynn. Guests will spend two hours outside of Dana Point Harbor, riding e-Foils, an experience best described as a mix between surfing, flying, and snowboarding through deep powder.
- Surf and Skim with Blair Conklin – Blair Conklin is not only one of the world’s best skimboarders and surfers, he is a Laguna Beach, California native who has arguably logged more hours in the water and on the sand than most people could dream. During this half-day, watersports-focused adventure, Blair will help guests navigate the waves, provide surf and skimboarding instruction, share stories of traveling the world with top pros, and give insights on why Laguna Beach is such a unique location for professional skimboarding.
- Family Hiking + Photography – On this three-hour excursion, join lululemon ambassador and Soul Cycle fitness instructor Remi Sullivan as he leads the way up the perfect trail for your group, equipped with his camera gear to capture the best family moments along the way.
- Catalina Aboard Shambhala – Guests will set sail for Catalina aboard the Shambhala, a stunning 100’ luxury Azimut motor yacht equipped with a jet powered tender, 2 PWCs, stand up paddleboards, an e-Foil, and a world class crew, including a private chef.
Pendry San Diego Excursions with Adventure IO:
- Downtown San Diego Express Run – Join San Diego local, founder of Step x Step Run Co., and lululemon ambassador, Iman Wilkerson, for a guided running tour through downtown, where she will give you a firsthand personal look at her favorite city sights and routes, including Petco Park, the home of the San Diego Padres; Waterfront Park; the Unconditional Surrender Statue; and more.
- San Diego Adventure Photography – Spend half a day touring around the city sights, strolling the stunning California coastline, or embarking on a custom adventure of your choice with local adventure photographer, Dominique Labrecque.
- Neighborhood Brewery Tour – Embark on a personal tour of some of downtown San Diego’s finest local breweries with local craft beer aficionado, lululemon ambassador, and founder of Step x Step Run Co., Iman Wilkerson.
- Surfing with Pro Shaper – Prolific pro surfboard shaper, owner of Shaper Studios and lululemon ambassador, Chris Clark, will bring a custom handmade shaper board from his collection to guide you through a private session on the best local beaches for your personal experience.
- Yoga + Wellness with Jano Galindo – Spend a very special morning with San Diego native and lululemon wellness ambassador, Jano Galindo, for a personal yoga session on our open-air rooftop pool deck where he will tailor a custom class of yoga, breathing practices, and meditation to your personal skill level and interests.
- Fish & Surf with Salty Crew – Enjoy a one-of-a-kind San Diego sea outing with World Surf League legend Damien Hobgood and Salty Crew Captain Kody Kessell who will show you the city’s best surfing and deep-sea fishing spots during your full day on the water.
“We are thrilled that guests and residents of Montage and Pendry will be able to enjoy access to some of the world’s best adventure athletes and intimate experiences that will produce stories for a lifetime,” said Billy McKee, Co-Founder of Adventure IO.
Guests of Montage and Pendry properties will be able to reserve the excursions online through the Adventure IO app, with adventures updated regularly depending upon availability of participating athletes and experts. All equipment and necessary safety gear is included.
To learn more about our Adventure IO Excursions and to book directly, please contact the concierge, download the Adventure IO app, or visit: https://www.adventureapp.io/.
For more information on Montage Hotels & Resorts, visit www.montagehotels.com or follow @montagehotels.
For more information on Pendry Hotels & Resorts, visit www.pendry.com or follow @pendryhotels.
About Montage International
Montage International, the ultra-luxury hospitality management company founded by Alan J. Fuerstman, features a distinctive collection of hospitality brands. Montage International encompasses the ultra-luxury brand Montage Hotels & Resorts, the new luxury hospitality brand Pendry Hotels & Resorts, Montage Residences, Pendry Residences and the management of some of the country's premiere golf courses and clubs. Founded in 2002, Montage Hotels & Resorts is an artistic collection of distinctive hotels, resorts and residences including: Montage Laguna Beach, Montage Deer Valley, Montage Kapalua Bay, Montage Palmetto Bluff, and Montage Los Cabos. Currently under development is Montage Healdsburg, opening in 2020, and Montage La Quinta and Montage Big Sky, both opening in 2021. Pendry Hotels & Resorts, founded in 2014, is a collection of new luxury hotels for today's cultured world traveler located in taste making destinations including Pendry San Diego and Sagamore Pendry Baltimore. Pendry West Hollywood will open in 2020, and currently under development opening in 2021 is Pendry Natirar, Pendry La Quinta, Pendry Manhattan West, and Pendry Park City. Pendry Washington D.C. - The Wharf will open in 2022. Montage International also manages and operates Spanish Peaks Mountain Club in Big Sky, Montana and The May River Golf Club in Bluffton, South Carolina. For more information, please visit www.montage.com.