- Borealis Hotel Group has appointed Cycas Hospitality to open Europe’s first Motto by Hilton property
- The Motto Rotterdam Blaak will be Cycas’s first Hilton hotel
Two of Europe’s leading hotel companies, Borealis Hotel Group and Cycas Hospitality, have this week announced a strategic partnership to open and operate new, branded hotels across Europe.
The first phase of the collaboration was revealed this week with the signing of a hotel management agreement for Cycas to operate the 108-room Motto by Hilton Rotterdam Blaak, as well as a second, new hotel that will be announced in early 2022.
Set to open mid-2022, the Rotterdam hotel – a converted, former bank – represents the first Motto by Hilton to open in the Netherlands, as well as the urban lifestyle brand’s European debut.
The Motto brand prides itself on offering guests a launch pad to the most desirable urban locations to help them connect with the neighbourhood culture. The hotel’s central Rotterdam location, just 350m from Rotterdam Blaak metro station, 1.4km from Rotterdam Centraal Station and 8km from the airport, will ensure easy access to the city’s main attractions.
Its versatile social spaces and innovative food & beverage offerings are expected to appeal to a wide range of travellers, including the groups market. Design highlights include a light-flooded, glazed atrium, providing guests spaces to meet, drink, work and relax.
Bart van de Kamp, CEO and Founder of Borealis Hotel Group, said: “I am delighted to announce this partnership with Cycas Hospitality. At Borealis we set the bar for our hotels and operators very high. Under Matt’s leadership, I’ve watched Cycas transform from a niche, extended-stay operator into an impressive, full-service pan-European hotel company. Cycas shares our international perspective and our values of hard work, high standards and fun, and we look forward to working together on this as well as future deals.”
Matt Luscombe, CEO of Cycas Hospitality, said:“I have known and admired Bart for more than ten years. He is a phenomenal developer and hotelier, and he’s established an outstanding team at Borealis. We are honoured to be supporting Borealis with the next phase of their growth in 2022, and are very excited that this will include Cycas’s first Hilton-branded hotel.”
About Cycas Hospitality
- Cycas Hospitality is one of Europe's leading hotel management companies, with a fast-growing, pan-European portfolio of branded and independent hotels.
- Operating across all sectors from limited to full-service, extended-stay to boutique as well as serviced apartments, Cycas has more than doubled its portfolio over the last two years.
- With proven expertise in operations, property development and asset management, Cycas is the preferred hotel operator for major international franchise brands. Having helped IHG, Hyatt and Marriott develop their dual-branded hotel concept in Europe, in the last two years Cycas has welcomed Accor, the Radisson Hotel Group and Hilton to its portfolio.
- With a distinctive performance culture and commitment to talent, Cycas was recognised as a "Best Place to Work in Hospitality" (2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021) and won the UK hospitality industry's "Best Employer Award" Catey in 2018, for which it was also shortlisted in 2020.
- To find out more visit www.cycashospitality.com or connect with us via LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter (@CycasHotels).