Swiss Chocolate and Culture Tours Give Families and Youth a Sweet Taste of Switzerland in 2022
Swiss Education Academy’s 2022 series features delicious itineraries and educational experiences exploring the best of Swiss travel and culture.
Swiss Education Academy has curated a set of unique travel and hands-on learning experiences for families and youth this January, July and August with programs showcasing some of Switzerland’s most famous cities, landmarks and culinary traditions—including Switzerland’s world-renown chocolate.
Week one of the family program, from January 3 to 7 or July 25 to 31, offers chocolate and pastry tours and hands-on workshops suitable for parents, grandparents, and children ages 8 to 17. The summer session has an optional second week, from August 1 to 7, where the program switches focus to the secrets of Switzerland’s cheese and wine industries.
The Chocolate and Culture program includes family-friendly accommodations, meals, activities and excursions. Registration starts at 5,400 Swiss Francs (CHF) or approximately $5,920 U.S. dollars per week for one adult and one child and 10,800 CHF or roughly $11,840 U.S. dollars per week for a family of four. For full details, visit www.swisseducationacademy.com.
“We created the Chocolate and Culture program to help parents and their children learn together while exploring something everyone loves – Swiss chocolate – while meeting other families with similar interests from all over the world,” said Youth Programs Director Amaury Depaux who is with Swiss Education Group, Switzerland’s largest private educator. The group operates four globally acclaimed hospitality business and culinary management schools, and its Swiss Education Academy incorporates its faculty and picturesque campuses on the shores of Lake Geneva and in the Swiss Alps into the academy’s offerings.
Other summer youth offerings that Swiss Education Academy is famous for include:
- Swiss Language Club - Developed for youth ages 10 to 17, three one-week sessions focus on language development in French or German, personal development including career counseling and college prep and new language development including Mandarin. Sessions run this winter from January 3 to 7 and weekly over the summer from June 27 to August 12 with registration starting at 1,450 CHF or approximately $1,600 per week including room and board in the Mont Blanc Palace in Leysin.
- World of Hospitality – Over the course of three weeks, this program teaches youth ages 16 to 20 the fundamentals of Swiss hospitality excellence, event planning and entrepreneurship and leadership. Sessions run weekly over the summer from June 27 to August 12 with registration starting at 2,450 CHF or approximately $2,685 U.S. per week including room and board at the Hotel Institute Montreux in Montreux.
- World of Culinary Arts – Youth from 16 to 20 years old learn about European cuisine, foodpreneurship and global culinary trends, and chocolate and pastry making. Sessions run weekly over the summer from June 27 to Aug. 12 with registration starting at 2,450 CHF or approximately $2,685 U.S. per week including room and board at the Hotel Institute Montreux in Montreux with classes at the Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland in nearby Le Bouveret.
- World of Entrepreneurship and Innovation – Developed for students 16 to 20, this program is ideal for youth interested in starting a business and teaches them how to devise a business plan, innovate and develop new products and services Sessions run weekly over the summer from June 27 to August 12 with registration starting at 2,450 CHF or approximately $2,685 U.S. per week including room and board at the Hotel Institute Montreux in Montreux.
- Swiss Grand Tour - Enjoy a stress-free, fun, and exciting family holiday exploring the cities and villages of beautiful Switzerland, enjoying its rich culture and delicious offerings, and meeting families with similar interests from around globe.
Swiss Education Academy’s summer youth camps are an excellent option for North American students to sample a Swiss undergraduate education while exploring their passion for hospitality, travel or the culinary arts. All programs require a tourist visa and include weekly activities and excursions.
“With nearly 40 years of global education experience and expertise in hospitality and youth programs, Swiss Education Group and our summer academy series are known for their quality and safety,” said Depaux. “Every summer, we welcome more than 50 nationalities to our campuses for these exceptional educational experiences."
About Swiss Education Group
With four schools based across six campuses, Swiss Education Group is Switzerland’s largest private hospitality educator. In total, the Group has over 6,000 students from 111 countries with each school offering a diverse international experience on beautifully located campuses in the French and German-speaking regions of Switzerland. Rooted in the tradition of Swiss hospitality, Swiss Education Group has nearly 40 years of experience in hospitality management and culinary arts education and is committed to equipping tomorrow’s professionals with the leadership and entrepreneurial skills highly sought after in the hospitality industry and beyond. Swiss Education Group schools offer a wide range of courses, including short certificates and Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, allowing students to choose programs that suit their individual learning needs and interests. Visit www.swisseducation.com for more.