SHANGHAI, CHINA – Hilton Garden Inn, the upscale focused service brand of leading global hospitality company Hilton (NYSE: HLT), is poised to triple its portfolio in Greater China, and offer travelers an expanded network of 135 properties in the coming years. With 98 hotels in the pipeline, nearly 1 in 3 future openings for the brand globally will be in this market. The brand’s development strategy in Greater China is focused on top-tier cities, as well as emerging destinations located along high-speed railway lines.
“Every Hilton Garden Inn hotel is powered by Hilton’s solid in-market expertise, robust supply chain and powerful commercial engine including its award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors,” said Mr. Jerry Huang, President, Development, Greater China & Mongolia, Hilton. “In 2014, the brand made its market debut in Shenzhen, and to date has opened 38 hotels across Greater China. Empowering Hilton's expansion ambitions across the region, Hilton Garden Inn offers owners flexibility with franchised and managed hotel agreement options. Its rapid growth is testament to an owner-friendly operating model that delivers robust performance and long-term investment returns.”
Regardless of where in the world our guests travel, when they stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, they will always enjoy elevated, yet approachable, experiences delivered in a locally relevant way. Its stylish design, modern amenities, and brighthearted service ensure guests always enjoy quality time on the road, while remaining in control of their journey.
“When it comes to their choice of hotel, Chinese travelers today have more exacting demands for quality, design, comfort, and value,” said Ms. Jenny Milos, Vice President, Focused Service & All Suites Brand Management, APAC, Hilton. “With Hilton Garden Inn, we have been meticulous in anticipating and exceeding these travel needs. To cater to domestic customer preferences, we tailored our offering for the Greater China market to feature unique sound-proof rooms and double-layer curtains for a quiet and restful environment, as well as multifunctional furniture to maximize use of the guestroom space. A bright and airy atmosphere throughout enables guests to fully enjoy a positive and comfortable stay at our hotels.”
The opening of Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Guangming on August 18th marked Hilton’s 450th hotel in Greater China & Mongolia, underscoring the brand's contribution to Hilton's growth strategy in this key market.
This year, Hilton Garden Inn made its debut in multiple new destinations, with signings in emerging destinations across Greater China:
- Hilton Garden Inn Xiamen Tong’an offers convenient connectivity between the airport and Xiamen’s fast-growing modern industrial area of Tongan, which is set to host a science and technology park in the near future.
- Hilton Garden in Shijiazhuang Chang’an is located at the heart of the Changan District in the Bohai Rim, a modern powerhouse of economic development in northern China.
- Hilton Garden Inn Zhoukou Huaiyang is situated next to the Taihao Mausoleum, a famed scenic area in Zhoukou overlooking the 11-square-kilometer Dragon Lake.
- Hilton Garden Inn Zhengzhou High-Speed East Railway Station provides convenient access to the city’s key attractions, such as the Chinese Traditional Culture Expo, Central Plains Museum of Finance, and the Zhengzhou International Convention and Exhibition Center.
With new hotels set to open in key transportation hubs and popular tourist destinations, Hilton Garden Inn brings new vitality to the upscale hotel market:
- Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Guangming Science City will mark the brand’s seventh hotel in the key market of Shenzhen, located in an iconic building in the city’s up-and-coming Guangming District.
- Hilton Garden Inn Zhuhai Jinan University will offer convenient access to Zhuhai, being a mere 15-minute drive away from the transportation hubs of Zhuhai Railway Station, Intercity Rail Mingzhou Station, and Gongbei Port.
- Hilton Garden Inn Hangzhou Xixi Zijingang will open next to Zhejiang University’s Zijingang Campus, and boast scenic views of its surroundings and easy access to attractions such as Lanli Scenic Area at Sandun Town and Xixi Wetland Park, in one of the Yangtze River Delta’s core cities.
- • Hilton Garden Inn Chengdu Kuanzhai Alley will provide an excellent location and international amenities for visitors to Chengdu, a popular tourist destination in China and a core city in the Chengdu-Chongqing Economic Circle.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,800 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World's Best Workplaces list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2021, in addition to opening more than one hotel a day, Hilton introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 128 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.