Career Options in the Hospitality Industry
By Sandra Larson, Professional Writer at Customwriting.com
Times have changed, and business options have evolved too. Earlier there were a few countable options, in which someone could start his business. But now, with traveling becoming affordable and with people focusing more on the quality of their lives, there are many career options emerging as new ones, with great potential for future and a lot more money than one could imagine!
- Career in a Hotel or Hotel Management – If you do not have as much capital to invest to open your own hotel, you may take up a good job in some reputed hotel. Hotel jobs and hotel management degrees are in trend and provide lucrative job options, which will enable you to settle down in one of the most amazing jobs ever! Some hotels give you many benefits of working with them, so that you might never want to think of a life out of there. Many hotels provide in-hotel accommodation for their top-level employees, and many of them also provide free accommodation and food in their subsidiaries and chains all across the globe. What can be a better deal than that?
- Tourism – Hospitality and tourism go hand in hand, if you land into hospitality job, you will learn and understand tourism a lot. There are a lot of career opportunities in tourism. You may not just open a guide agency for the new tourists who want to venture and explore the foreign lands, but also start a small firm in which you may provide services like – guided trekking tours. Here you need to hire a couple of employees who may provide hiking services for tourists, set up camps and tents, cook food and enjoy with the tourists, and on parallel grounds, make money from them! These are some good options for trying out new things and new business ideas.
- Food – Who doesn't love good food? Hospitality Industry is full of theories about food. Statistics show that a lot of people focus traveling to a specific place only because of its famous cuisine or some special food that they want to try. Food is a very lucrative option to attract tourists, and social media is the biggest self-advertising out there. Once you come up with a unique selling point (USP) of your restaurant or food joint, and popularize it enough, there is no stopping from that point onward. Food is something that can drive your business farther than you can ever think of!
- Attractions – To start a career, you either may do a job under a firm or come up with some creative business idea of your own and work on it. There are a lot of career opportunities in hospitality. Attractions are one such business idea, which may help you kick-start your career. You need to focus on the location first, and then find out, one amazing thing about that place that you may sell as attraction. It may be anything from a specific art or craft, or food item, a geographical location or even a trekking tour that nobody can enjoy elsewhere. Something that someone should travel and spend money for. Once you discover that unique thing about the location, you can explore a lot more ideas relating to that space.
- Classes and Courses – If nothing else, you may utilize your hospitality certificate or degree in teaching to students who are interested in this field. There are a lot of people who are willing to take a risk and try something different. Not everyone wants a typical 9 to 5 job after all. There are many who are willing to take up hospitality courses only to test their luck in this area, and many who are genuinely interested in tourism and hotel related jobs.
Hospitality industry is very broad and there is a sea of opportunities in travel tourism field. All you should be is smart enough to understand where and how you need to explore and exploit things. There are many unexplored business ideas, even in the most popular places, maybe you are the first one to set it up?