Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) today introduced Everhome Suites, a new-construction midscale extended-stay brand offering with customizable, apartment-style accommodations that empower guests to adapt their environment to the way they live and work during longer-term stays.
The company celebrated the brand launch by breaking ground in Corona, California on the first hotel expected to display the Everhome Suites brand and announcing multi-unit development agreements for 13 hotels in the Austin, Texas and Los Angeles markets — all of which are also anticipated to adopt the Everhome Suites brand. Choice Hotels expects to open the first Everhome Suites hotel in 2021.
Purpose-built to help developers build a diversified portfolio and help drive owner returns during all stages of the lodging cycle, Everhome Suites offers a low cost-to-build, flexible prototype and lean operating model. According to research conducted by Choice Hotels' Business Intelligence Group and The Highland Group, economy and midscale extended-stay hotels have a nearly 20-year history of high guest occupancy rates, even during economic downturns. During both the 2001 and 2007-09 U.S. declines, for example, the overall hotel industry experienced occupancy rates of approximately 60% and 55%, respectively. At the same time, however, the economy and midscale extended-stay hotel segments achieved occupancy rates of over 70% and 65%, respectively, showing their relative resiliency in varied economic climates.
Everhome Suites allows guests to live as they want during extended trips with comfort, convenience and stability. The prototype is crafted to anticipate the needs of today's extended-stay guests by offering amenities that help them maintain routine on the road, including:
- Spacious studio and one-bedroom apartment-style layouts to suit guests' needs. All rooms feature a combination of defined spaces that separate work from play and customizable "me" space with:
- Rolling, variable height workstation - perfect for finishing up work ergonomically or sitting down for dinner.
- Full-size closet and additional open and closed storage so guests can stay organized for the days ahead.
- Spa-like bathrooms with ample counter space and high-quality fixtures.
- Pet-friendly options so guests can bring their favorite companions on the road.
- Fully equipped kitchens to support guests' health and wellness lifestyles, including:
- Appliances, like full-sized refrigerators, dishwashers, stovetops and microwaves.
- Everything they need to prepare and enjoy a home-cooked meal: flatware, cookware and plenty of counter space.
- "Extras" to tackle just about any recipe: small appliances, such as blenders, crockpots and electric tabletop grills will be available to rent at the front desk.
- Modern and sophisticated public spaces, including:
- Multipurpose lobby areas that allow guests to eat, work or relax.
- Fully outfitted, spacious fitness centers with cardio and strength training equipment.
- Business centers with printing capability.
- Libraries and guest laundry facilities.
- 24/7 self-service marketplaces with a variety of hot and cold breakfast options.
- Outdoor pools at some hotels, depending on the market.
- Design options that take their cues from local culture, including murals by hotel entrances and public space artwork depicting the surrounding area.