Baros Maldives to Reopen on October 1, 2020
Guests booking a stay between October and November 2020 will receive to a special rate starting at $502 (plus taxes and fees) for a Deluxe Villa, which will include breakfast for two. In addition, they will be invited to enjoy some special treats to make sure their holiday is filled with spellbinding experiences and blissful moments to remember.
For Body and Mind
Guests will receive an exclusive Champagne Breakfast in the sanctuary of their private villa while the soothing sound of the waves and warm breeze from the ocean complete the scene, creating a truly beautiful memory of an extraordinary culinary experience. This enchanting start to the day on the tropical island of Baros will help soothe the cares of the uncertain times of the last few months.
As beautiful and bountiful are the natural surroundings of Baros, the more it means to give back and to help maintain and support the incredible underwater world. To help, Baros will sponsor a Coral Frame as part of the Coral Reef Rehabilitation Program in the name of every guest staying between October and November 2020, which will be placed in the translucent lagoon ringing the resort. Guests will receive regular updates on the progress of their Coral Frame and will be able to get to know the inhabitants of their own little coral garden during subsequent visits.
Celebrating Our Heroes
To celebrate the healthcare workers who continue to serve during the COVID-19 pandemic, Baros is offering extra benefits when booking a stay at the resort. Doctors and nurses will receive a complimentary couples massage at the island's Serenity Spa, a private dinner for two on the beach, champagne upon arrival, and a choice of a free scheduled excursion with social distancing observed.
To commemorate the selfless dedication of health care workers, Baros is creating coral frames spelling out "THANK YOU, HEROES." These will be placed in the waters of the island's lagoon so that the message of thanks will be permanent.
The Resort Manager of Baros, Ibrahim Shijah, said that in spite of the unprecedented times the world has faced, Baros hopes to keep the positive consequences of the pandemic, of compassion, unity and kindness, remembered by this tribute.
In order to receive these benefits, doctors and nurses must provide identification upon arrival at the resort.
Safety and Wellbeing
To ensure a safe and healthy environment, Baros has introduced extensive operational changes while preserving the blissful island ambience and seamless attention to detail and guests' requirements that have made this award-winning resort a legend. The proximity to the International Airport in Male' makes the holiday journey especially convenient for guests as they will reach the island by a short speedboat ride and will not be exposed to any congested areas once they have left the airport.
Baros will open its shores only to a limited number of guests so social distancing can be maintained effortlessly, as it is one of the smaller island resorts located in the Maldives.
Some of the new safety protocols include:
- Upon arrival to the Male airport, resort staff will escort guests straight to the private speedboat and will embark to Baros. Staff will provide hand sanitizer and will sanitize all luggage before entering the speedboat and the resort.
- All staff will take daily temperature checks and undergo daily contact tracing.
- All staff will be required to wear a face mask and gloves.
- All staff will remain on the island unless they go on leave, upon which they will need to undergo a two-week quarantine and provide a negative COVID-19 test before arriving back to the island.
- As one of the smaller resorts in the Maldives, Baros will have a limit the number of people on the island at any time.
- All villas will be completely disinfected prior to arrival, including air conditioning filters and private pools.
- All villas will be vacant for 48 hours in between guest bookings.
- Check-in and check-out will be done in the guests' villa with a designated Villa Host. Upon departure, guests will be provided a travel-size hand sanitizer and face masks.
- All common areas and restaurants will have automatic sanitation stations for guest use.
- All tables in restaurants will be arranged at a minimum of six feet apart in compliance with social distancing.
- In each restaurant and bar, guests will be allocated one server throughout the entire duration of the dining experience to limit exposure.
- In-villa dining will be available and only the designated Villa Host will be delivering food to and from the villa.
- The main pool and pool bar will be disinfected daily. All sun loungers and chairs will be arranged at least six feet apart.
- All activities and excursions will be available for private bookings. If travelers are with a group, these bookings will be limited to four or six, depending on the activity.
- All gym equipment and public areas will be disinfected every hour. Sanitation wipes will also be made available for guests after they use the equipment.
- All spa treatments will take place in a private Serenity Spa Villa. All spa villas will be sanitized after each treatment and will be vacant for at least three hours in between treatments.
For a full list of the health and safety protocols, visit Baros' website here.
For bookings and further information on these special offers, email Baros Maldives directly at [email protected] or telephone +960 664 26 72. For more information or to book your stay at Baros Maldives, visit www.baros.com.