Travelodge Elgin Hotel
Travelodge arrives to Elgin
Now open – 61 Rooms
Elgin Travelodge is the company's 592nd hotel and its 47th property in Scotland. It represents a multimillion investment for third party investors and has created 20 new jobs within the community.
The purpose built hotel is located at Elgin Gateway Business Park, making it ideal for exploring the county of Moray and the world famous whiskey region of Spreyside, home to some of Scotland's most famous exports.
Elgin Travelodge features 61-rooms which includes SuperRooms, the company's premium economy room concept. This new class of room is the first of its kind in the UK budget hotel market, and is designed around the 'premium economy' concept familiar to airline users. It dials up the comfort factor for business and leisure customers who want the extra choice of a more premium room (See notes to editors for further information on SuperRooms.)
The prestigious Travelodge SuperRoom product is only available in four Travelodge hotels across Scotland which includes two hotels in Edinburgh, one hotel in Glasgow and now Elgin.
The hotel also features an on-site restaurant, called the Bar-Café which offers a breakfast, dinner and bar service menu and there is complementary on-site car parking too.
Elgin Travelodge also features the company's new multimillion pound COVID-19 safety and social distance programme, called TravelodgeProtect+.
TravelodgeProtect+ has been developed by a dedicated cross-functional hygiene strategy team, in line with government guidance and will become the way Travelodge operates going forward. The programme includes:
Cleaning & Hygiene
- Comprehensive cleaning throughout its hotels using an antiviral disinfectant - effective against Coronavirus
- Additional post clean room checks with digital tracking in place to ensure consistently high standards
- Increased cleaning frequency in high touchpoints in public areas and rooms
- All linen and towels thermally disinfected
- Comprehensive training of every hotel team member on cleaning, hygiene and social distancing
- Installation of customer hand sanitizer stations in key locations in the hotel
- Protective reception screens
- Signage to mark social distance points throughout the hotel including check-in markings
- Monitoring the number of customers in a designated area such as the reception area and lifts
- PPE provided for all hotel team members
- To minimise contact, housekeeping team members will not enter customer's rooms during their stay
- Contactless payment
- Contactless check-out