Hilton Hotels Invests More Than $100 Million in California Hotel Renovations
The following renovation projects are either under way or have been completed this year in Northern California:
- Hilton San Jose-- Positioned in the heart of Silicon Valley and connected to the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, the hotel recently launched a comprehensive $11 million renovation program. All areas of the hotel will be upgraded, including its 353 guestrooms and suites, meeting space, public areas, restaurants, bar and outdoor patio. The hotel is adding approximately 2,500 ft² of meeting space, as well as totally reconcepting the restaurant and bar. Additionally, the property's fitness center will be expanded and will include Precor® fitness equipment.
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country-- Nestled in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country, this property made a $6 million investment in order to update all of its guestrooms. It also revamped its pool, upgraded its fitness center, and improved its parking lot.
Hilton Sacramento/Arden West-- Situated at 2200 Harvard Street, the property spent $4.2 million to completely renovate its meeting space with new carpet, wall covering, banquet chairs and lighting, in addition to doubling the size of its concierge lounge to 800 ft². The property also relocated its restaurant, business center and fitness center, upgraded its pool area and built an additional 400 ft² suite.
In addition, the extensive renovation projects are either under way or have been completed this year in Southern California:
- Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa-- Encompassing 26-acres right on San Diego's famous Mission Bay, the property spent $26 million to revitalize the entire resort. This includedextensive improvements to the lobby, registration areas, gift shop, restaurant and all 357 guest rooms and suites. It also added Essence, the resort's new $5-million spa, featuring nine treatment rooms and a lounge, as well as an Aroma coffee bar.
- Hilton Irvine Orange CountyAirport-- Located at 18800 MacArthur Blvd., the property completed an $18.5 million dollar renovation project in January of this year. This refurbishment included its meeting rooms, dining areas and lobby, which wasawarded first place in the hospitality service category of the American Society of Interior Design's 2008 Legacy of Design Awards.
- Hilton San Bernardino-- Located at 285 East Hospitality Lane, the hotel as spent approximately $11 million to upgrade all guest rooms, public areas including the lobby, restaurant and bar, as well as the meeting and banquet facilities. Additionally, the property constructed a new Precor fitness room, and modernized the hotel's exterior façade.
- Hilton Los Angeles Universal City— Located adjacent to the main entrance of Universal Studios®, this property underwent an $8 million make over this year. Both the guestrooms and the public areas, such as the lobby, meeting rooms, restaurant, lounge and fitness centers, were refurbished. The food and beverage offering was also enhanced with the addition of a Starbucks® Coffee Corner in the lobby and a Bar and Grill in the pool area. In 2009, the upgrades continue with the planned installation of flat-screen televisions in the guestrooms and a free-standing refreshment area in the lobby.
- HiltonHuntington Beach Waterfront ResortCA -- Positioned along Pacific Coast Highway in Huntington Beach, $6 million was spent to refurbish 290 guestrooms, as well as to revitalize the pool area and the Shades Restaurant.
- Hilton Ontario Airport— Located at 700 North Haven Ave., the hotel is completing a $4 million upgrade of the exterior of the building, guest bathrooms, fitness area and business center. Additionally, the hotel is refurbishing its lobby atrium and meeting space with new carpet, lighting and wall vinyl. The restaurant and lounge were expanded with a new integrated sports bar and a Starbucks coffee bar.
- Hilton Los Angeles Checkers – Situated in downtown Los Angeles, the property will be starting a multi-million dollar refurbishment process this month. The first phase will include new guest room soft goods and furnishings, as well as 42" flat panel HDTV's, wireless internet and bathroom fixture enhancements. In early 2009 the property will initiate the second phase, which will introduce exciting new food & beverage concepts inspired by a celebrity chef.
- Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island— Situated on the scenic waterfront of Harbor Island, this property initiated its renovations with the refurbishment of its banquet facilitiesin May 2008. The second phase of the project started in mid November 2008 and will include a comprehensive $3.7 million renovation of all 211 guest rooms, bathrooms and corridors, the installation of new flat screen TVs in all rooms and the establishment of a Precor fitness center.
- Hilton Palm Springs Resort-- Situated in the downtown Village of Palm Springs at the foot of the San Jacinto Mountains, the property recently committed over $1.4 million to enhance its offerings, and has added a new 3,000 ft² Elements Spa. They also renovated 51 guest rooms, 7 Presidential Suites and added a Custom Buffet to the Terrace restaurant. Moving forward, the property plans to refurbish the pool and deck, add a Precor fitness center and install flat screen televisions in its rooms.
Other noteworthy improvements include:
- Hilton San Diego Mission Valley's $160,000 exterior revitalization project, which incorporated exterior painting and lighting;
- Hilton Pasadena's $675,000 investment that went towards porte cochere improvements and the addition of a "Proudly Brewed by Starbucks" outlet, while guest room renovations are slated for 2009; and
- $350,000 worth of upgrades to the Hilton Long Beach's guest rooms and fitness center, to be supplemented in 2009 with an additional $1 million investment to add flat screen televisions, armoires and new carpeting in all the guestrooms, as well as to refurbish the hotel's exterior.
Three years ago, the Hilton brand embarked on a revitalization campaign that encompassed the creation of 44 new hotels, as well as the renovation or conversion of more than 209 Hilton brand hotels worldwide, and further properties will continue to be updated on an ongoing basis. The brand is aligned with partners like the GRAMMY Awards and USA Swimming, and created its award-winning "Travel Should Take You Places®" advertising campaign. Through innovative community programs and a renewed focus on product development, Hilton launched an array of programs and products that have led to increased guest satisfaction. These include Hilton Fitness by Precor®, featuring the latest exercise equipment; Hilton Breakfast, offering guests the widest array of choices for starting their day with the nutrition and dietary options they prefer; Hilton Meetings designed to streamline the small meeting experience; Hilton's Pet Friendly program; and much more.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts | With more than 500 hotels & resorts in 76 countries around the world Hilton continues to build on its history as a pioneer in the industry, developing products, services and amenities that offer today's travelers more choice and control over their stays. From Hilton Fitness by Precor to its world-class Hilton Worldwide Resorts portfolio;from the Serenity Collection of in-room amenities to Hilton Meetings, a premier global product for small meetings, Hilton's offerings are designed to enable guests to be at their personal best whether they travel for business or pleasure. Hilton's belief that Travel Should Take You Places® celebrates a commitment to the idea that travel can and should be transformative. Start your journey at www.hilton.com available in English, Spanish and French.
About Hilton Hotels Corporation | Hilton Hotels Corporation is the leading global hospitality company, with more than 3,000 hotels and 500,000 rooms in 74 countries and territories, including 135,000 team members worldwide.
The company owns, manages or franchises a hotel portfolio of some of the best known and highly regarded brands, including Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations™, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and The Waldorf=Astoria Collection™.
The Hilton Family of Hotels adheres to founder Conrad Hilton's philosophy that, "It has been, and continues to be, our responsibility to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality." The company put a name to its unique brand of service that has made it the best known and most highly regarded hotel company: be hospitable®. The philosophy is shared by all brands in the Hilton Family of Hotels, and is the inspiration for its overarching message of kindness and generosity.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts