Inauguration Of The 100,000th ibis Room In The World At The New Ibis City West In Munich
- Situated close to airports, train stations, business centres and principal tourism sites,
- a modern room which is perfectly equipped, bathrooms with a large shower stall, carpets, LCD TV's and flat screens.
- Service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Bar and warm or cold light snacks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- A wifi internet connection which is always available;
- Breakfast available from 4:00am until noon;
- Room charges which are clear and always competitive;
- And of course, the "15 minute satisfaction contract."
In addition, ISO 9001 quality certification, which is internationally recognized has already been awarded to 700 ibis hotels, proof that the quality initiatives undertaken by the hotel chain receive constant attention.
ibis is developing innovative interior design and restaurant designs in order to continue to satisfy its evergrowing clientele around the world, while also adding some local touches and specific additions, such as swimming pools or mini-bars in the rooms of those hotels located in warmer climates.
For the first time in Germany this ibis design will be available in ibis City West Hotel in Munich. This room design is currently applied in other hotels around the world. Through construction and renovation of its hotels, 24 000 of these latest generation ibis rooms are already on the market. Their environmental performance was improved thanks to water flow regulators in the bathrooms, low-power light bulbs and wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council for furniture and floors.
New common areas
In addition to welcoming the 100,000th ibis room, the Munich ibis City West illustrates the latest generation of ibis hotels with a brand new reception area design, which complements the rooms.
The reception area, the bar, the salon and the "Business Corner," a work area with free access to the internet, offer a contemporary, and harmonious ambiance as well as an ergonomic atmosphere.
World premiere for the Oopen restaurant “live” cooking concept
The new Oopen restaurant is making its worldwide debut at the ibis City West Hotel in Munich. Its peaceful and modern exclusive design invites clients to create their own dishes using an assortment of pasta, grilled fish and meats, which are then cooked before them by the chef, with sauces inspired by local cuisine.
"Our goal is to reinforce our position as a leader in mature European markets and to acquire significant market share in emerging regions, where ibis' goal is to become the reference point for economical hotels with quality services at the best local prices," says Frederic Josenhans, Marketing and Development Director of the Accord Hospitality brand.
ibis, the worldwide economy hotel brand of the Accor Group, offers consistent quality accommodation and services in all facilities at the best local value for quality: a fully equipped room, the security of service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and a great variety of restaurants. The quality of the ibis offering has been recognised by international ISO 9001 certification since 1997. The chain is also the first in the world to demonstrate its environmental involvement by obtaining ISO 14001 certification, already granted to nearly a third of its hotels.
Created in 1974, ibis is today the leader in Europe and one of the top economical hotel chains in the world, with more than 100,000 rooms and 847 hotels in 43 countries. For more information, please visit our web site at .
Accor, a major global group and the European leader in hotels, as well as the global leader in services to corporate clients and public institutions, operates in nearly 100 countries with 150,000 employees. It offers to its clients over 40years of expertise in two core businesses:
- Hotels, with the Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Novotel, Mercure, Suitehotel, Adagio, Ibis, all seasons, Etap Hotel, Formule 1, hotelF1 and Motel 6 brands, representing 4,000 hotels and nearly 500,000 rooms in 90 countries, as well as strategically related activities, Accor Thalassa, Lenôtre, CWL.
- Services, with 32 million people in 40 countries benefiting from Accor Services products in employee and constituent benefits, rewards and incentives, and expense management.
Phone: +33 1 45 38 18 28