Canopy by Hilton - Hilton Worldwide Redefines the Lifestyle Category with New Hotel Brand
Hilton Worldwide today announced the launch of Canopy by Hilton, a new hotel brand that redefines the lifestyle category around the mindset of today's leisure and business travelers. Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO of Hilton Worldwide, unveiled the Canopy by Hilton concept to nearly 1,900 owners and development representatives at Hilton Worldwide's Global Partnership Conference in Orlando, Florida.
Canopy by Hilton represents a new hotel concept with high growth potential, a clearly defined guest offering, and a sustainable business model. Hilton Worldwide identified a viable target audience based on preferences and needs, not demographics alone. "We've launched a brand that is all about the mindset of today's traveler and creating a positive stay," said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, luxury & lifestyle brands, Hilton Worldwide. "Canopy is the energizing new hotel in the neighborhood offering simple, guest-directed service, thoughtful local choices, and comfortable spaces, so guests simply feel better going forward."
Through Hilton Worldwide's extensive research and analysis, Canopy by Hilton's proposition and concept has been refined and validated at every step with both guests and owners alike. Beyond simply creating a positive stay, four essential elements define what it means to be a Canopy hotel:
- Great neighborhoods. Canopy by Hilton is the streetlamp of the neighborhood. We are all about being local, through design, food and beverage, art, and local know-how. No two Canopy hotels will be the same, and we know that's what our guests want.
- Comfort and design. We take a people first approach to design. The energy from our great neighborhoods flows through our open, welcoming lobby space. This energy gives way to warm, inviting, and comfortable just-right rooms.
- More included value. We know our guests demand a more inclusive approach and surprising extras. So basic Wi-Fi and an artisanal breakfast are included, along with a local welcome gift and an evening tasting of local beer, wine, or spirits*.
- Our "positively yours" culture. With a "positively yours" service culture, hotel "Enthusiasts" will deliver a one-stop approach to front-of-house service.
"The demands and preferences of today's travelers continue to evolve, and Canopy by Hilton creates something new for consumers in the lifestyle space," said Jim Holthouser, executive vice president, global brands, Hilton Worldwide. "Canopy by Hilton will deliver more choice and control for guests than ever before, from a mobile straight-to-room arrival to surprising extras throughout each stay."
Canopy by Hilton will develop through new-build and conversion projects in key urban neighborhoods and vibrant secondary markets around the world with properties expected to begin opening in 2015. Canopy by Hilton has 11 signed letters of intent to open in the following neighborhoods:
- Canopy Portland | Pearl District
- Canopy London | Neighborhood to be announced
- Canopy Miami | Brickell
- Canopy Washington, D.C. | Bethesda North
- Canopy San Diego | Gaslamp Quarter
- Canopy Nashville | Downtown
- Canopy Savannah | Historic District
- Canopy Indianapolis | City Centre
- Canopy Charlotte | Uptown
- Canopy Oklahoma City | Bricktown
- Canopy Ithaca | The Commons
Canopy's strong brand value proposition and compelling operating platform have already attracted the interest of ownership groups including The Buccini/Pollin Group, KeyStone Corporation, Anish Hotel Group, Baywood Hotels, North Point Hospitality Group, J Street Hospitality, and Levine Properties.
Dave B. Pollin, co-founder and president of The Buccini/Pollin Group, said of being one of the first to ink a deal for Canopy by Hilton, "Hilton's leadership and track record in building successful brands was the primary reason we wanted to be among the first to develop this new lifestyle brand. The concept and timing of Canopy by Hilton entering and redefining the lifestyle space is right because of changing guest preferences and a demand for more local experiences. Canopy by Hilton offers us the opportunity to compete in ways we haven't been able to before."
At Canopy by Hilton, loyalty is rewarded. As a member of Hilton HHonors, our award-winning loyalty program, guests can earn exclusive benefits and Points towards free nights, premium merchandise, unforgettable experiences and more. HHonors Diamond and Gold members also receive extra HHonors Bonus Points and space-available room upgrades on qualifying stays.
Connect with Canopy by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for live coverage of launch events and interviews with Hilton Worldwide executives as well as future property owners. Explore fresh-forward thinking in travel, design, and wellness with our hashtag, #PositivelyYours.
Experience Canopy at www.canopybyhilton.com.
*Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age.