GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. and McLEAN, Va. – An iconic hotel that has hosted numerous dignitaries, presidents and celebrities, the historic Amway Grand Plaza today joined Curio – A Collection by Hilton. As Hilton Worldwide's (NYSE: HLT) rapidly-expanding global collection of distinctive upscale and luxury hotels, Curio caters to passionate travelers seeking local discovery and authentic experiences. Located in downtown Grand Rapids, the Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton is owned and managed by AHC+Hospitality.
"This iconic property serves as a hot-spot for residents, business and leisure travelers thanks to its distinctive features that include the original architecture and design, as well as world-class dining options," said Dianna Vaughan, global head, Curio – A Collection by Hilton. "We're thrilled to welcome this intriguing hotel to the Curio collection that not only has a deep history in the Grand Rapids community, but one located at the heart of the best this beautiful city has to offer."
Originally opened in 1913 as The Pantlind, the hotel included one of the world's largest gold-leaf ceilings in the lobby and is honored to now be recognized as a Historical Hotel of America. As a National Trust for Historic Preservation, Historic Hotels of America recognizes hotels for faithfully maintaining their authenticity, sense of place and architectural integrity. Its distinguished history paved the way for the new Amway Grand Plaza, which reopened in 1981. Today, the hotel combines the graceful heritage of The Pantlind with the modern Glass Tower – which reopened in 2014 following a $14 million renovation featuring classic and contemporary design for today's modern traveler.
Guests can relax in 682 spacious guestrooms, including 45 luxurious suites that include the Presidential Suite, Michigan Suite, Van Andel Suite and DeVos Suite. The hotel features a full service spa and salon, fitness center with state-of-the-art Precor equipment, an indoor pool, two hot tubs, a sauna and a steam room, a lighted tennis court, and racquetball court.
"We are able to offer our guests and the local community something that no other hotel can – a historic oasis in the heart of Grand Rapids," said Richard Winn, president, AHC+Hospitality. "We're excited to be a part of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, and add this iconic hotel with sweeping views and abundant amenities to the Curio collection."
The Amway Grand Plaza also boasts eight dining and lounge options ranging from fine dining to American classics to a restaurant featuring incredible views of the city:
- The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck: As the first U.S. location of Wolfgang's newest restaurant concept, The Kitchen features signature comfort food with a focus on quality, locally-sourced ingredients and innovative techniques.
- Cygnus27: Featuring Latin-inspired cuisine with a wide variety of flavors from Spain, Mexico and South America, this beautiful upscale restaurant offers the highest panoramic views of the Grand Rapids skyline.
- Ruth's Chris Steak House: Famous for its exceptional food and wine, the restaurant serves the USDA prime steak, fresh seafood and a variety of other freshly made dishes – paired with an extensive wine list in an upscale environment.
- GP Sports Bar: Guests can enjoy a casual dining atmosphere with specialty burgers, pizzas and cocktails – complete with 40 televisions for watching sporting events.
- The Kitchen Counter by Wolfgang Puck: Guests looking for fresh, made-to-order options throughout the day can enjoy items such as the mushroom and spinach omelet with goat cheese or a seasonal salad made fresh with market vegetables, quinoa and champagne vinaigrette.
- Lumber Baron Bar: Settle into the warmth and charm of a historic bar – complete with fireplace leather club chairs and a large selection of premium drinks and appetizers.
- Garden Court Lounge: Guests seeking a leisurely morning breakfast brunch experience or a spot to unwind and relax in the evening with a fine glass of wine, premium beer or favorite cocktail fountain-side.
- Starbucks: Located in the lobby of the Pantlind building, travelers can choose from a selection of specialty coffee drinks, teas, sandwiches and bakery goods.
Amway Grand Plaza offers more than 47,000 sq. ft. of versatile meeting space, including 42 meeting rooms and four elegant ballrooms ranging from classic to contemporary. In 2014, Smart Meetings Magazine awarded the hotel the honor of "Best Ballroom in the Country" to the Ambassador ballroom. The historic hotel is a top wedding venue in the city and provides expert guidance, customized catering and special packages for couples' special day. An additional 250,000 sq. ft. of meeting and exhibit space is available at DeVos Place Convention Center that is connected to the hotel through a climate-controlled skywalk.
Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton participates in the Hilton HHonors® loyalty program, which is open to all guests and free to join. Visit here for enrollment information. HHonors members always get our lowest price with our Best Price Guarantee, along with HHonors Points, free standard Wi-Fi, and no hidden fees, only when they book directly through Hilton. To celebrate the hotel's opening, members will earn double points on stays through June 15, 2016 when booking the best available rate. Gold and Diamond HHonors members staying at Amway Grand Plaza will receive a $15 per person food and beverage credit for up to two registered guests per room and space-available room upgrades.
Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton is located at 187 Monroe Avenue NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. For more information, or to make a reservation, travelers may visit curio.com or call 1-616-774-2000.
Media may access additional information and high-resolution images for Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton at news.curio.com/Amway. For more news on Curio – A Collection by Hilton, visit news.curio.com.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,800 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World's Best Workplaces list and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2021, in addition to opening more than one hotel a day, Hilton introduced several industry-leading technology enhancements to improve the guest experience, including Digital Key Share, automated complimentary room upgrades and the ability to book confirmed connecting rooms. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 128 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.