Hyatt Plans to Double Brand Presence in Canada
Twelve Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels expected to open by 2020
Hyatt today announced plans to expand the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brand footprint in Canada with the signing of management and franchise agreements by a Hyatt affiliate for nine Hyatt Place hotel and three Hyatt House hotels. There are currently nine Hyatt-branded hotels open Canada, and the expected openings of these 12 Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels would increase Hyatt's brand presence in the region to 21 hotels within the next few years.
Hyatt Place and Hyatt House
The Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands are designed to deliver seamless experiences that are authentic, intuitive and modern, allowing business travelers to remain productive and worry free, without skipping a beat. Twelve Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels are expected to open in Canada in the next two years, including:
- Hyatt Place Calgary Airport (127 guestrooms) in Calgary, Alberta
- Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre (126 guestrooms) in Mississauga, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Brampton (123 guestrooms) in Brampton, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Kelowna (161 guestrooms) in Kelowna, British Columbia
- Hyatt Place Moncton (120 guestrooms) in Moncton, New Brunswick
- Hyatt Place Winnipeg Downtown (144 guestrooms) in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Hyatt House Hamilton/McMaster University (135 guestrooms) in Hamilton, Ontario
- Hyatt House Winnipeg South West (135 guestrooms) in Winnipeg Manitoba
- Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport (196 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Toronto Airport Corporate Centre and Hyatt House Toronto Airport Corporate Centre (250 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Hyatt Place Vancouver Airport (97 guestrooms) in Vancouver, British Columbia
Hyatt-branded hotels currently open in Canada include:
- British Columbia: Spirit Ridge at Nk'Mip Resort and Hyatt Regency Vancouver
- Alberta: Hyatt Regency Calgary, Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown and Hyatt Place Edmonton-West
- Ontario: Andaz Ottawa Byward Market, Hyatt Regency Toronto and Park Hyatt Toronto*
- Quebec: Hyatt Regency Montreal
For more information, please visit hyatt.com.
*Park Hyatt Toronto is temporarily closed for renovation and is expected to reopen in December 2019.
The term "Hyatt" is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 14 premier brands. As of September 30, 2018, the Company's portfolio included more than 750 properties in more than 55 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names. On November 30, 2018, the Company expanded its hotel and resort portfolio with the inclusion of the Alila®, Destination®, Joie de Vivre®, Thompson Hotels® and tommie™ brands. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.