Beekeeper Reflects on its Landmark Accomplishments in 2018; New Year Looking Equally as Promising
Accomplishments include earning the top three technology awards for 2018, adding a hospitality division, becoming GDPR compliant, ranking #59 on SaaS 1000, raising $13 million in funding, becoming ISO compliant and much more!
San Francisco, Dec. 18, 2018 — When you've had a banner year like Beekeeper, it's difficult to see it end. Looking back on 2018, the leading communication and employee operations platform company is seeing an impressive list of accomplishments, yet it is even more excited for what is coming in 2019. Beekeeper is one of the most talked about and recognized technology providers today due to its ability to digitize hospitality workers who don't sit behind a traditional desk and don't have access to work email. By connecting operational systems and communication channels within one secure, intuitive platform, Beekeeper is helping hoteliers exchange information, share property updates, and communicate best practices within or across departments in 30 languages.
Here are just a few Beekeeper highlights from 2018:
- Beekeeper was named "Most Innovative Technology of 2018" by Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG); voted "People's Choice" at HITEC® Houston as part of the Entrepreneur 20X Competition hosted by Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals (HFTP); and earned the "Most Innovative Hotel Technology" designation during the Tech Pitch at HX: The Hotel Experience.
- Beekeeper executives spoke at the following industry events: The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), Asian American Hotel Owners Association Convention & Trade Show, Boutique Hotel Investment Conference, HITEC Amsterdam and Houston, HR in Hospitality, HT-NEXT, HX: The Hotel Experience, and New York University International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference.
- Beekeeper was named the 59th Fastest Growing Company by SaaS 1000.
- 1 Hotels, SIXTY Hotels, the iconic Watergate Hotel, Feather Falls Casino, Lodge & Brewing Co., and InterContinental Miami hotel chose Beekeeper to communicate more effectively with its employees.
- Beekeeper raised an additional $13 million in funding as a part of its Series A extension round to invest in hospitality market growth.
- Beekeeper became GDPR compliant and achieved ISO 27001 Certification to protect intellectual property, employee details, and information entrusted to Beekeeper by third parties. ISO certifies that Beekeeper's product and services will reduce its customers' risk significantly in the digital workplace.
- Beekeeper added the following companies to its growing Marketplace: ADP, BambooHR, Gustaf, Microsoft Azure, Mirus, Swisscom eAlarm, UltiPro and Workday. The company also partnered with Hapi, a disruptive data streaming, integration and enrichment platform at HITEC to create the #BeeHapiBus.
- Beekeeper hired Connie Rheams, named one of the most influential women in hospitality technology by HFTP, to serve as the new Vice President, Hospitality.
- Beekeeper continued its Bee School webinar series that brings knowledge on workplace dynamics and behavior out from behind the paywall of an MBA certificate, ensuring that managers in non-desk industries can lead their teams to unprecedented success. The series was taught by Best-Selling Author and Employee Engagement Expert Jill Christensen. The company also hosted an Employee Engagement webinar with ALICE, a hotel operations platform that manages staff work and guest communications across departments.
"2018 was a banner year for Beekeeper," Rheams said. "It will be difficult to top these successes, but programs and partnerships are already underway that will make 2019 even more momentous. We will continue to drive innovation through technology and look for new opportunities to help hotel companies empower their organizations and deliver personalized end-customer experiences. Earning hospitality's top-three technology awards this year signifies that Beekeeper is truly the next frontier for hospitality. Our team looks forward to connecting with more hoteliers in the coming year and leading conversations at industry events about connecting hotel employees to their companies and culture."
Beekeeper is an award-winning operational communication platform that digitizes the non-desk workforce by connecting operational systems and communication channels within one secure, intuitive interface. Beekeeper connects colleagues across locations and departments in real time via mobile or desktop devices and includes an intelligent dashboard to help companies improve internal communication and streamline business processes.
The company is based in Zurich and San Francisco and supports users in more than 130 countries. Clients include Heathrow Airport, Seaboard Foods, and Marriott.
Phone: +1 440 930 5770