Accor is positioned as global leader in the lifestyle sector
2018, a record year for Accor in terms of hotel development
A historic year for the Group with record openings and signings, and strong acceleration in the lifestyle sector, mainly due to the acquisition of 14 new brands that greatly strengthened the Group's portfolio in this segment.
Accor strengthened its development momentum and posted a record performance level with almost 500 hotels signed in 2018, representing 110 more hotels signed in comparison with 2017.
Gaurav Bhushan, Chief Development Officer at Accor, commented, "Once again this year, the Group has proved its capacity to push its own limits. Just one year ago, Accor consolidated its international footprint by passing the symbolic milestone of 100 countries. Never in its history had Accor opened as many hotels as in 2018. The Group also dramatically strengthened its position in the Lifestyle sector. In a very short time, our teams have successfully assembled a strong and comprehensive brand portfolio in this market, thereby responding to very high demand across all segments for brands from economy to luxury."
Travelers are always more attuned to unique brands, with strong personalities, that are simultaneously urban working environments and places to socialize and enjoy new experiences. Seeing works of art, tasting original dishes and cocktails, enjoying the scent of floral bouquets and essential oils, touching fine wood and touchscreens - the lifestyle market continues to grow and has the most important growth in the industry, and Accor is awakening our 5 senses through ground-breaking experiences. Each brand is positioned in a clearly distinct space. Accor's lifestyle hotels are welcoming and modern locations that offer:
- Unique destinations
- Bold interiors, often created by renowned designers
- Open living spaces for working, socializing and enjoying new experiences
- Music and entertainment• Friendly, open and informal teams
- And a rich and varied F&B offering, which represents a significant part of the hotel's revenue: restaurant concepts, bars, clubs, mixology lounges, etc., in spaces opening out onto the city: on terraces and rooftops
Overview of the 14 hotel brands
which joined the Accor universe in 2018
(in chronological order of acquisition, figures from end of 2018)
In a very short time, Accor has successfully assembled a strong and comprehensive brand portfolio, enabling it to take care of its customers across all segments, from luxury to economy. With the purchase of 14 prestigious brands in 2018, the Group has continued to grow strongly and plans to advance the expansion of its portfolio, notably with the development of brands on a global scale and by consolidating its leadership in key markets and segments.
- Atton Hoteles: 10 hotels - 2,013 rooms - 4 countries - 3 hotels under development
- Mantra with the brands Art Series, Peppers, Mantra and Breakfree: 137 hotels & 24,664 rooms - 3 countries - 9 hotels under development
- Mantis: 28 hotels - 587 rooms - 11 countries - 10 hotels under development
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts: 86 hotels - 21,259 rooms - 25 countries - 52 hotels under development
- 21C Museum Hotels: 10 hotels that are joining the MGallery collection
- sbe with the brands Delano, SLS, The House of Originals, Mondrian & Hyde: 18 hotels - 6,662 rooms - 17 hotels & 3,034 rooms under developpement. sbe also boasts and develops residential products.
- Tribe: One 126-room hotel in Australia - 10 scheduled openings with 1,700 rooms in Europe and Asia Pacific, 50 hotels being under negotiation worldwide.
Major opening and signings throughout 2018
"The signings in 2018 will translate into record openings across all segments, in particular with Raffles, which will open its first hotel in the United States, the SO/ brand, which will become established in several attractive regions, as well as some great new hotel openings in the midscale and economy segments." said Gaurav Bhushan, Chief Development Officer at Accor.
Asia-Pacific: The Group has established its leadership with more than 500 hotels and almost 100,000 rooms in the pipeline as well as the symbolic signing of the brand's first Orient Express hotel in Bangkok (154 rooms)
What were the highlights of 2018?
- Opening of Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi (112 rooms)
- Opening of Novotel Melbourne South Warf, in Australia (347 rooms)
- Signing of the Ibis Styles Tokyo Bay, in Japan (261 rooms)
North and Central America: Accor continued its expansion with a total of near 30 hotels and almost 5,000 rooms in the pipeline including the signing of the first Raffles in the US, in Boston (187 rooms)
What were the highlights of 2018?
- Opening of Fairmont Austin and its 1,048 rooms
- Ibis Styles Merida Galerias, in Mexico (140 rooms)
South America: Accor has over 110 hotels and almost 15,000 rooms in the pipeline, notably with the return of the Sofitel brand - the first hotel on the continent in 10 years - with the signing of Sofitel Calablanca Baru (187 rooms) What were the highlights of 2018?
- Opening of Novotel Santiago Providencia, in Chile (178 rooms)
- Opening of Novotel São Paulo Berrini, in Brazil (209 rooms)
Europe: Over 300 hotels and almost 40,000 rooms in the pipeline, the opening of the first Raffles in Poland, in Warsaw, as well as the first Tribe property, in Glasgow. What were the highlights of 2018?
- Opening of Raffles Europjeski Warsaw, in Poland (106 rooms)
- Opening of Mercure Kaliningrad, in Russia (167 rooms)
Africa & Middle East: 170 hotels and 42,000 rooms, including prestigious signings such as Pullman Accra in Ghana (363 rooms) What were the highlights of 2018?
- Opening of Ibis Sfax, in Tunisia (187 rooms)
- Opening of Fairmont Riyadh, in Saudi Arabia (304 rooms)
- Signing of MGallery Downtown Dubai (204 rooms)
- Signing of SO/ Doha Qatar (321 rooms)
The boom in residential products: The Group has continued to grow significantly in hotel residences for long-term stays (289 existing hotel residences and 65 in the planning stage) and branded private residences (17 existing hotel residences and 51 in the planning stage), with 28 hotel brands that are available as residential products. In 2018, we can notice the opening of Adagio Amsterdam Amstelveen (151 apartments, the signing of Pullman Living Accra City Airport (363 residences) and also the signing of SO/ Uptown Dubai Residences (215 apartments).
InterContinental Berlin — Berlin, Germany
Accor is a world-leading augmented hospitality group offering unique experiences in more than 5000 hotels and residences across 110 destinations. The Group has been acquiring hospitality expertise for more than 50 years, resulting in an unrivaled portfolio of 39 hotel brands, from luxury to economy, supported by one of the most attractive loyalty programs in the world.
ALL, Accor Live Limitless is a daily lifestyle companion that integrates rewards, services and experiences bringing value to everyday life inventing a completely new aspirational way to live limitless.
Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community via its Planet 21 - Acting Here program and the Accor Solidarity endowment fund, which gives disadvantaged groups access to employment through professional training.
Accor SA is publicly listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and on the OTC Market (Ticker: ACRFY) in the United States. For more information visit accor.com. Or become a fan and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.