WTTC's 20th Global Summit to Take Place 22-23 April in Cancun, Mexico
The World Travel & Tourism Council's 20th Global Summit will take place this year from 22-23 April in Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico.
The summit will feature the participation of high-level leaders within the travel and tourism sector, including Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton; Alex Zozaya, President of Apple Leisure Group; Kim Day, CEO of Denver Airport and Richard Fain, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises.
"We are very proud to be able to attract this prestigious global event to Quintana Roo, which will focus the attention of the global tourism leaders towards Cancun and Quintana Roo, as well as the whole country" said Carlos Joaquin Gonzalez, Governor of the State of Quintana Roo. In Quintana Roo, we have the fortune of relying on tourism as one of the key pillars of investment, employment and economic prosperity in coordination with government, businesses and the community. We have positioned ourselves as the leader in international arrivals in Mexico and Latin America."
The event will take place at the Moon Palace Convention Centre and will welcome speakers such as:
- Andy Duncan, CEO, Travelopia
- Brett Tollman, Chief Executive, The Travel Corporation
- Caroline Beteta, President & CEO, Visit California
- Darrell Wade, Co-founder & Chairman, Intrepid Group
- Deepak Ohri, CEO, lebua Hotels & Resorts
- Desiree Bollier, Chair, Value Retail
- Frank R. Rainieri, President & CEO, Grupo Puntacana
- Fred Dixon, President & CEO, NYC & Company
- Friedrich Joussen, CEO, TUI
- Gibran Chapur, Executive Vice President, Palace Resorts
- Greg O'Hara, Founder &, Managing Partner, Certares
- Hiromi Tagawa, Chairman of the Board, JTB Corp
- Jeffrey C. Rutledge, CEO, AIG Travel
- Joan Vilà, Executive Chairman, Hotelbeds
- John Sage, CEO & Founder, Accessible Travel Solutions
- John Wasson, President & CEO, ICF
- Julian Balbuena, CEO & Chairman of the board of Directors, Best Day Travel Group
- Keith Barr, CEO, InterContinental Group (IHG)
- Kike Sarasola, President & Founder Room Mate Hotels & BeMate.com
- Kurt Ekert, President & CEO, Carlson Wagonlit Travel
- Michel Taride, Chair, Global Travel & Tourism Partnership (GTTP) Advisory Board
- Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports International
- Pierfrancesco Vago, Executive Chairman, MSC Cruises
- Robin Ingle, Chairman & CEO, Ingle International
- Ryuhei Maeda, Member of the Board, ANA
- Scott Rosenberger, Global Sector Leader for Transportation, Hospitality & Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Sean Donohue, CEO, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- Stephen Colvin, Bloomberg
- Shirley Tan, CEO Rajawali Property Group
Over the next several weeks, WTTC will be celebrating its 30th anniversary whilst also preparing for the 20th Global Summit in Cancun. The theme for this year's summit; "Making a Lasting Difference", will encourage delegates to discuss approaching the world differently, recognising that what has got us to this point, will not work to tackle global challenges and incite positive change for the future.
Gloria Guevara, President & CEO, WTTC, said, "The WTTC Global Summit will be the most important travel and tourism event of 2020, and a fitting recognition of a sector which last year, contributed 10.4% to global GDP and supported 319 million jobs worldwide. The 20th Global Summit will benefit and showcase not only Quintana Roo, but Mexico, and the whole region including US, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. Cancun is a global icon and I feel honored to host the most important travel and tourism event of the year in my home country. Our summit is the place where the future of our sector is shaped, and we look forward to hearing the insight of so many industry leaders, as we welcome them to our stage."
WTTC is the body which represents the Travel & Tourism private sector globally. Members consist of CEOs of the world's Travel & Tourism companies, destinations, and industry organisations engaging with Travel & Tourism.
WTTC has a history of 25 years of research to quantify the economic impact of the sector in 185 countries. Travel & Tourism is a key driver for investment and economic growth globally. The sector contributes US$8.8 trillion or 10.4% of global GDP, and accounts for 319 million jobs or one in ten of all jobs on the planet.
For over 25 years, WTTC has been the voice of this industry globally. Members are the Chairs, Presidents and Chief Executives of the world's leading, private sector Travel & Tourism businesses, who bring specialist knowledge to guide government policy and decision-making and raise awareness of the importance of the sector.