Canopy by Hilton London City
Complete with panoramic views over the City of London, Canopy by Hilton London City echoes the spirit of one of the capital’s most vibrant, eclectic neighbourhoods
Now open – 340 Rooms
The hotel's interior design reflects the rich culture of the area's historic textile industry. Inspired by the Huguenot silk weavers who settled in Spitalfields in the 17th century, thoughtfully decorated guest rooms and dining spaces feature floral patterns and woven fabrics reminiscent of the techniques employed by the Huguenots. In celebration of Whitechapel's contemporary arts scene, artwork created by neighbourhood artists adorns the public spaces throughout the hotel.
Local inspiration continues throughout the hotel's dining outlets. East End-inspired dishes made with local, sustainable ingredients are served at the hotel's specialty restaurant Penny Squares, which takes its design inspiration from the quilting technique popular in the textile industry. Meanwhile, Freedom Café, named after Freedom Press Publishing House in Whitechapel High Street, provides the perfect place to relax, work or socialise over a craft coffee or East End-inspired cocktail at the heart of the hotel. Guests can also enjoy daily tastings at Freedom Café, featuring appetisers and drinks from local distilleries, craft brewers and wineries.
A must-visit, the hotel's stunning rooftop terrace Florattica, due to open early next year, boasts uninterrupted views of St Paul's Cathedral and the City of London, serving elegant, refined small plates and a selection of drinks against a vibrant backdrop inspired by the floral patterns of the Huguenots.
In support of Hilton's Travel with Purpose 2030 Goals to double its investment in social impact and cut its environmental footprint in half by 2030, the hotel, which opens with a BREEAM VERY GOOD rating - the highest possible rating for the building category - is committed to operating sustainably. Initiatives include:
- Building re-use: for both sustainable and economic benefit, two of the three buildings that comprise this hotel have been reused in construction.
- Green thinking: a green roof not only supports the City of London's drive to create more green spaces, but also helps with passive heating, allowing the property to conserve heat without using additional energy.
- Efficient operations: a portion of the hotel's energy will be derived from solar panels adorning another of its rooftop spaces, whilst an intelligent Building Management System controls the use of lighting and air conditioning throughout the building, significantly reducing waste energy.
- Sustainable sleeping: guests will sleep easily on beds made from post-industrial recycled steel and wood from sustainable forests, waking up to sustainably produced bath amenities featuring recyclable packaging and filtered water served in reusable glass bottles.
- Leading with local: part of the fabric of its local neighbourhood, the hotel proudly sources the majority of food and beverage from local suppliers, celebrating community farms, craft breweries and artisanal bakeries.
- Guests can enjoy an array of additional amenities available at the hotel, including:
- Fully flexible meetings and events space, perfect for hosting exclusive events, high-profile meetings and intimate dinners against a stunning backdrop
- Complimentary Canopy bikes to explore the local area in the most sustainable way possible
- 24-hour fitness centre equipped with a comprehensive range of TechnoGym® cardio and strength equipment