10 Most-Booked Experiences This Winter
Now that we’re fully into the swing of the holidays and winter, wanted to shed some light on the activities Americans are getting up to this season, according to data from Tripadvisor.
What types of tours or activities are they doing? Travelers are loving Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, and Museum Tickets & Passes, as these are the top three types of experiences Americans are booking this winter. A mix of rich culture and active adventures, the most-booked experiences for the season range from an ATV waterfall tour in Hawaii to historical classics like the Grand Ole Opry and 9/11 Memorial.
Top 10 Most-Booked Experiences for This Winter*:
- New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour - New York City, N.Y.
- Night Manta Ray Adventure - Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
- Kauai ATV Waterfall Tour - Kauai, Hawaii
- Turtle Canyon Catamaran Snorkel Cruise - Oahu, Hawaii
- Grand Canyon West Rim Bus Tour & Hoover Dam Photo Stop with optional Skywalk - Las Vegas, Nev.
- 9/11 Memorial Museum Admission Ticket - New York City, N.Y.
- Charleston's Old South Carriage Historic Horse & Carriage Tour - Charleston, S.C.
- Key West Sunset Sail with Full Bar, Live Music & Hors D'oeuvres - Key West, Fla.
- Full-Day Iconic Sights of LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Beaches and More - Los Angeles, Calif.
- Grand Ole Opry House Guided Backstage Tour in Nashville - Nashville, Tenn.
New York City is also back on top as the #1 most popular destination in the U.S. this winter for the first time since the start of pandemic. It’s no surprise then that the city is also home to the most-booked experience. As international borders are reopening, traditional tourist activities like the New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour reign supreme. Plus, with the iconic Rockefeller Center and gorgeous holiday displays, it's no surprise why this city is topping travelers' winter wish lists.
A full report of Tripadvisor’s winter travel trends can be seen here: https://tripadvisor.mediaroom.com/2021-11-03-NYC,-Paris,-London-Reign-Supreme-Travelers-Finally-Returning-to-Iconic-Cities-This-Winter.
*Most-booked experiences based on bookings on Tripadvisor made between September 1, 2021 - October 15, 2021 for travel between November 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022, limited to two per city, and three per state.
Tripadvisor, the world's largest travel guidance platform*, helps hundreds of millions of people each month** become better travelers, from planning to booking to taking a trip. Travelers across the globe use the Tripadvisor site and app to discover where to stay, what to do and where to eat based on guidance from those who have been there before. With more than 988 million reviews and opinions of nearly 8 million businesses, travelers turn to Tripadvisor to find deals on accommodations, book experiences, reserve tables at delicious restaurants and discover great places nearby. As a travel guidance company available in 43 markets and 22 languages, Tripadvisor makes planning easy no matter the trip type.
The subsidiaries of Tripadvisor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRIP), own and operate a portfolio of travel media brands and businesses, operating under various websites and apps, including the following websites:
www.bokun.io, www.cruisecritic.com, www.flipkey.com, www.thefork.com, www.helloreco.com, www.holidaylettings.co.uk, www.housetrip.com, www.jetsetter.com, www.niumba.com, www.seatguru.com, www.singleplatform.com, www.vacationhomerentals.com, and www.viator.com.
* Source: SimilarWeb, unique users de-duplicated monthly, September 2021
** Source: Tripadvisor internal log files