Vitria on the Square Opens with Mills James
Newest event venue in Columbus’ University District next to The Ohio state University is dressed to impress with the ‘Best Audiovisual Provider’ by its side
COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Vitria on the Square opened last month at the crossroads of 15th Avenue and High Street, Mills James was there to provide its award-winning, service-focused, audiovisual expertise. The company was selected by collaborative partner Columbus Hospitality Management to provide onsite AV, video production and broadcast services to this event center and others in its portfolio across the U.S., including hotels.
Columbus Hospitality Management consistently partners with Mills James because it offers an experience that is second to none. I’ve worked with a lot of AV companies throughout my career, and no one comes close to the attention to detail and customer service delivered by Mills James. In this market, there is a growing expectation for the highest quality experiences, from meetings and conventions to social occasions. Mills James is the only partner capable of making the ordinary, extraordinary. Bryan Wright, Vitria on the Square General Manager
Named the Best Audiovisual Provider by Ohio Business Magazine, Mills James supported more than 5,500 events just last year. Approximately 45% were groups and conventions, ranging from small meetings and virtual events to big concerts. The remaining 55% was spent supporting more than 3,000 weddings with sound systems, DJ services, LED dance floors, and video production services. In 2022, the company also expanded its services to Mexico, supporting 22 full-service resorts.
We are thrilled to see new event venues like Vitria on the Square opening right here in Columbus. Meetings are back and the hospitality industry is experiencing an unprecedented recovery. It’s going to be a very busy year. Vitria especially, with its exquisite views, exceptional culinary team, sophisticated event space, and worldclass audiovisual is extremely busy booking business and customer reviews reflect that it is exceeding clients’ expectations across the board. We are proud to add this premier destination to our client roster and expand our existing relationship with CHM. John Watts, Mills James Vice President of Hospitality
In business for nearly 40 years and emerging stronger than ever from the pandemic, Mills James understands the need for hybrid equipment diversity and live-streaming flexibility. Like all its customers, Vitria on the Square is equipped with the latest virtual equipment to meet the needs of those participating in person or remotely.
Being able to offer a remote option for events is something that today’s planners expect, Wright said.
Mills James has the latest technology to stream a production and actually pivot cameras to people as they speak or ask questions so that those viewing virtually feel like they are right in the room. It’s incredible to see the innovation in action.
Although many event facilities continue to struggle with a shortage of labor, we are lucky to have Mills James serving as a full-time extension of our team, he said.
Not only do we have one less department to staff, but if something goes wrong with equipment (which rarely happens) we have the experts on staff to problem solve in an instant. With Mills James we can focus on what we do best – the food, event planning, and client engagement – and leave the technology to the professionals. Vitria on the Square is open and ready to host any event in the city. Together with Mills James, we are dressed to impress.
Vitria on the Square features a Grand Ballroom that is 5,500 square feet with 25-foot high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows with spectacular views of The Ohio State University campus. The Grand Ballroom can accommodate 350 guests seated at round tables and can be divided by an airwall. Vitria’s Terrace Ballroom is 2,000 square feet and has access to its own private terrace; this space can accommodate 120 guests seated. The Terrace Ballroom can also be divided by an airwall. Between the two spaces there is The Gallery that features unique artwork, soft seating, and yet another private terrace. This space is commonly used for receptions.
For more information on Mills James, visit www.millsjames.com or call (614) 714-1021.
About Mills James
For 39 years, Mills James has focused on elevating experiences, starting with the production experience itself. The firm serves Fortune 500 companies, startups, and not-for-profits all over the nation with offices, production facilities, and hospitality properties in seven states and Mexico. More information can be found at millsjames.com.
For more information, contact:
Mike Tyson | National Director of Sales | Mills James | 419-908-8253 | [email protected]